Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,034   Online: 1116

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I much prefer the angular looks and black-and-chrome of most older cameras, they look like precision instruments, made to do a professional job, rather than being sci-fi plastic fashion accessories. Same with cars...real classics from the 60's to 80's.
    I agree !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24X36_1.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But I prefer this non-SLR jewel...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24x36_2.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    It's interesting that no one has mentioned either of the cameras (that I know of) whose creation had as much to do with "good looks" as it did with photography - Nikon's EM and Canon's T-90 (and hence, the EOS-1 in all its incarnations).
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    People usually say "nice camera" when they see my (d*****l) D300... which is basically my point-n-shoot. When I carried a Nikon F4 I never got comments, except one wag who asked me "Why are you still using film???" When I go out with the RB67 people notice and comment, but since I've moved back to Charlotte they don't usually speak to me directly like they would in Boone. This conversation from across a bridge in Freedom Park is typical: "What's that guy doing?" "Looks like he's photographing those flowers." "That sure is a big camera."

Shooter
    35mm
    i Love my Nikkormat FTN!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Just in SLR's...

Favorite-Pentax LX, naturally. Even nicer in reality than its pictures. About the size and weight of a Nikon FM/FE series machine, but with interchangeable finders. Simple, clean lines with subtle curves which usually are not noticed in pictures of it. Very solid. Great balance.

Also, Nikon F2 with plain prism, F with plain prism, Nikon FM series, Minolta SR-T 101/102, Olympus OM-1, Pentax Spotmatic, Contax RTS series, older Canon F-1. Incredibly clean and angular, the Topcon RE Super/Super D, charmingly interesting with its 4-point star like a Lincoln town car, Miranda Sensorex.
    Can't believe I left out the ME Super-a pretty machine. Chicks still dig it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa

I'm with you , the Vito's are simply classically beautiful also though I find my Exakta Varex gets loads of interest from strangers.
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, this is easy.

OM-3Ti
    Zuiko 35-80 F2.8
    MotorDrive 2
    Olympus T45 flash
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I agree Ken! The Olympus OMs. Classic and elegant.

There are also a lot more nice models. Long list...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin