Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,133   Online: 845

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I have about a dozen Voigtlanders,my first was a Vito CL bought in Fulda Germany in 1961.I still use it and it takes great pics.I just overhauled the Mecablitz 106 strobe that I bought to use with it so now I have the complete system back in order.
    I have accumulated at least 6 Bessamatics and I have one just about finished,all that is left is getting the self timer to work properly,the timer works but does not hold the shutter closed when you cock it.Small detail but the camera has to come apart again to fix it.Then I can put the leather on it for good....I hope).Ron G

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Best looking of all the cameras I owned: surprisingly, my first Pentax H3v. It had issues, of course, like it'd jam around frame 14 or so, and the X synch would be erratic 90% of the time, etc... Still was a nice little camera. Of the ones I have today, I'd have to say it's a tossup between the F anf the F2A. Yes, both are kinda worn, but they both show the panache that Nikon had in the '60s and the '70s with their handbuilt F-series bodies.

As far as I'm concerned, all of the manufacturers have made nice cameras.

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    My favourite comment which has been made to me when shooting in public with my Olympus OM-2n:

"Nice, how many megapixels?"

/facepalm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A waiter saw my Kiev 4a on the table one night at dinner and asked if it was a Leica…

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Megapixels

Quote Originally Posted by colinRTM View Post
    My favourite comment which has been made to me when shooting in public with my Olympus OM-2n:

"Nice, how many megapixels?"

/facepalm
    Since I digitize all of my color work on a Nikon Coolscan V-ED, the maximum pixel count of the scanner is 23.5 megapixels. I have no qualms quoting that number. You see, I view film photography (except for the B&W work which is done in the darkroom) as "delayed digital capture". The film camera and film is just a different on-location capture device, but since it is an integral part of digital photography I use the number of the A-D device itself. This is a perfectly valid approach.

When you talk about equivalencies, you can get all twisted up and 35mm film, depending on type, will top out somewhere around 8-12MP in usable comparative resolution, but that's not the point. The point is, what is the pixel count at the moment of the analog-to-digital (A-D) process? For me, that's 23.5 megapixels.

This is how I justify using my absurdly fantastic OM gear.

And yes, the OM-3Ti really is a nice camera.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not really related but...
    I was shooting with a Pacemaker Speed near Dupont Circle in DC awhile back and someone asked if it was a Hasselblad :/

For a modernish 35 slr I'd say my 1v followed by my FM2

Then my favorite of all i'd say the elegant simplicity of the 'blad 500 series. (500cm w/older C lenses)

Shooter
    35mm
    The Olympus OM-1 is a beautiful piece of design. The Nikon F with a Photomic head may not be beautiful but it's certainly imposing and memorable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Not really related but...
    I was shooting with a Pacemaker Speed near Dupont Circle in DC awhile back and someone asked if it was a Hasselblad :/
    There's a whole thread for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My two beauties:

Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    My two beauties:

The only two Leicas one "needs", IMHO!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin