Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,148   Online: 866

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    The only two Leicas one "needs", IMHO!
    yeah, and I have THREE! (I have a IIIa, also ) I haad to stop buying cmaera bodies so that I can afford a lens.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a IIIa and a IIIc, and have been waiting for the right M2 to come my way for years....
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got my OM-2S and have been loving every bit of it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For SLR's I'd say the Nikon F3

Shooter
    35mm
    Awaiting Two Pentax cameras, a SP1000 and a Program Plus. A SMC 50/ f2 lens came in yesterdays mail just what I needed another 50mm lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format

How about these beauties....?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails topcon-3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by swiader View Post
    The TOPCON RE-Super was and still is a great camera. I bought my first one when I was in Japan in 1968. It is still a terrific camera, the glass is second to none, but after using a Leica, I am afraid that my Topcon does not see as much light as it used to. It is still a winner, on a par with the Nikons of that era of the early 1960's. (IMHO)
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zk-cessnaguy View Post
    The winder arm on a Spotmatic is a thing of beauty
    Indeed!

The Spottie was artfully designed all around - it's a visual and tactile pleasure. It also lends itself to tasteful pimping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    brainsalad: Now, THAT's what I'd call a beauty! Nice work!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Long thread - here are my votes.

I have to say all of my Leica M cameras are very good looking and get a lot of attention. M3-m6's. As SLR's go I LOVE the OM1,2,3,4s they are really nice. All of the Nikon F/F2 variations hold a special place in my heart and I still use mine a lot - they are timeless machines built like a brick. Not delicate looking and therefore have a different aesthetic - a good one. Then there are the Nikon FM/FE both the regular and 2nd varieties - I absolutely love the leatherette on the finders - esp the chrome bodies, just so unique and an odd combination of Nikon purposefulness and compact elegance of Olympus/Pentax - very very cool. I gave a pristine black paint FM to my daughter about a month ago with a couple rolls of BW and she adores the thing.

RB

Ps. No one mentioned (I think) that the lens mounted definitely affects the aesthetics in a fairly large way. Here is an ODD combo:

can't guess the lens? Here is a better view w/o giving it away.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin