Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,166   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    I use the 3V lithium 2L76, also known as CR1/3N, in all my Nikon bodies. They have a longer life than both silver and alkaline, and I believe they offer more reliability and better value.
    Some cameras which take two LR44 or 357 do not well tolerate a single 3V Lithium substitution! It is not uncommon for Lithium to be EXCLUDED by a manufacturer. Bronica/Tamron excludes Lithium for its SQ and GS medium format, while it is OK for the ETR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    Some cameras which take two LR44 or 357 do not well tolerate a single 3V Lithium substitution! It is not uncommon for Lithium to be EXCLUDED by a manufacturer. Bronica/Tamron excludes Lithium for its SQ and GS medium format, while it is OK for the ETR.
    Right. Bronica/Tamron cite wide variability in output curves and peak power with different lithium batteries.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    The OP cited Nikon and Minolta, of which I have both, and both have no problems with the 3V lithium battery. I also have CV Bessa bodies using them. I have been using the lithium batteries for many years and I am surprised to learn that some camera manufacturers warn against them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera manufacturers often warn against lithium batteries (e.g. Canon warns against using them in early versions of the EOS 1N's power drive booster E1) because of voltage spiking and the often-quoted steep 'death dive' as the battery nears exhaustion, which can leave shutters and drives in limbo. I've only used LR44 s/o button cells in remote control units with no problems and never knew such were available in lithium versions. For the bigger batteries (e.g. AA), I usually hedge a preference toward alkaline but they being heavier means lithium invariably wins hands-down (and wallet empty...!).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin