Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 760

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta XD-11 versus X-700 shutter

I have a question. I have an XD-11 that I haven't used much, mainly because it seems to "hesitate" when I press the shutter release. Comparing it to my X-700 I don't get the same hesitation. Is that normal for the XD-11? The hesitation seems like a momentary stop-down before the shutter fires.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    My X700 responds faster than my XD7 (XD11 in Europe). The X700 feels "immediatly", the XD7 "hesitated". Part of is is the travel of the shutter release until the actual release.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had an XD11 refurbished last year. The repairman listened to the shutter and was satisfied with its response, which puzzled me. He said something about some XD11s having a hesitation because of some internal fouling (my words, I don't remember exactly what he said). Take it in for a CLA and it may clear up. I have noticed, on the other hand, that shutter lag on a newly-CLA'd XD11 is a hair longer than usual. It's a great camera, just don't use it for sports.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin