Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,828   Online: 1172

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a blast shooting my BlackBird Fly!

The BBF is a twin lens 35mm camera with options for masking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like the Praktica VLC3 can be added to the group...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/res2000/3603292612/

and the Miranda Auto Sensorex EE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35588958@N07/4399611850/
    Last edited by holmburgers; 04-01-2010 at 02:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: had to add

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Awesome, thnx guys. Any more out there?

How about the Canon angle finders, do they allow you to see the image from a distance or do they require you put your eye up to it?
    Not the ordinary angle finder you need to put your eye up to that, but with the Speed finder For the Canon F1 the whole image can be seen from 60mm away and it also rotates.http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...s/operate4.htm.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-01-2010 at 02:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, well at which point I'd just get the WLF for an F1.

Hmm, it appears as if I'm just gonna have to buy a cheapie to get this particular trait. Maybe I'll go with an Exakta and cross-justify the purchase with the fact that it's the camera used in Hitchcock's Rear Window...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another approach:

Mamiya 645 Super or Pro or Pro Tl with a WLF, 55mm lens and 135 back.

And as a bonus, you would get a medium format camera out of the deal
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    now you're thinking!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    The Exaktas have the best WLF I've seen in 35mm (apart from a few simplified later ones).
    With a massive condensor/magnifying element, they produce a much brighter and apparently bigger image than, say, a Nikon F with a WLF.
    Maybe one of the very few you could actually use at waist-level (at least for composing).

Also the Rolleiflex SL 2000f/3003 cameras have a WLF finder (as well as a normal one), but again not as nice as the Exakta's.
    The main advantage in this case is to be able to switch form one finder type to the other in an instant.
    Agreed.

I had no idea it was used for that film. I will have to watch it again...... cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back in the 80s, doing a lot of street photography, I used the WL finder on my Rollieflex quite a lot. With a wide angle lens and zone focusing it worked great at wast level.

I also have a Praktica 35mm slr from the late 70s that just has the WL finder. I used that for a while in the 80s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Pentax LX will meter with a WLF or no finder at all. So will the Nikon F3HP.

As you already have Canons, why not look into getting an F-1? I haven't owned one myself, but as they all had metering in the body, I would expect metering would work with their WLF's.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Minolta XK. Also called the X-1 and XM in different world markets. Many finder options for this camera, including a nice waist level finder.
    Take a look here for more info: http://www.rokkorfiles.com/XK.html

One sweet rig!
    Jed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin