Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,068   Online: 884

Shooter
    35mm

35mm Cameras and Accessories

Yesterday I bought two Canon F-1Ns and a Pentax Spotmatic. The Spotmatic and one of the F-1s are not working. I figured out how to get the good F-1 going and took some test shots. The camera works but I can;t get the hot shoe to function yet.

Shooter
    35mm
    How are you making out with your repairs? What's wrong with the Spotmatic - they're reliable machines...

Shooter
    35mm

35mm Cameras and Accessories

The spotmatic has a torn shutter curtain. I haven't tested the meter yet. I shot a successful test roll with one of the F-1N bodies once I taped over the holes on the bottom. Today I shot most of a roll of Ektachrome Elite Chrome 100 with it. Someone on eBay is selling all three bottom caps separately for a total of $75 (+ shipping). The camera only cost $25 so I think I'll stick with the tape for now. The F-1N doesn't have an exposure lock when the camera is used in Aperture Priority mode. For this reason I prefer using it in stop down mode. It's a little easier in some situations than the F-1 or F-1n because I can make adjustments to the f/stop without looking away from the finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have a repair shop nearby, drop in with your camera and see if they will sell you the bottom caps you need. Shouldn't be more than $10 apiece.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might also be able to find some bottom caps on Ebay. That's always the first place I look for random parts, there's usually someone selling something I need.
    On a never ending quest for quality mat board...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin