Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,328   Online: 1190

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This was the first camera I bought new when I started shooting for daily newspapers. I still have it today, after what must be hundreds of thousands of rolls put through it. It works flawlessly and to this day is one of the most accurate meters I've had in any camara.

I think it was a bit ahead of its time and was definitely underrated. I shot fast sports with its servo AF and to this day it has never required a repair...in short, all the things I love about Nikon are in this camera.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I picked up two- one came with MB10- for under $120 CAN. Both are in awesome shape!

Shooter
    35mm
    This is simply the best Nikon I've ever had. N90S + MB10 combo is also the best ergo. I just wish that they put extra shutter dial to compensate the vertical trigger. And MF-26 is also a very sophisticated accessory. True it is not easy to use but when you figure out it's just amazing. You can do interval timer for time lapse, freeze focus, loooooong exposure, etc. Sheeeeshh....

Shooter
    35mm
    I very much appreciate the responses. I am glad to see that the commentary is very positive. I think my N90s is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I have been sold on KEH for some time now. I do not bother dealing with anyone else.

With regard to a cable release for the camera, is there any difference between the MC-20 and MC-30?

Shooter
    35mm
    Way different. MC30 is mainly for basic release while MC20 is what you need to look for all the gizmos.

Here's a link :
    http://www.earthboundlight.com/photo...rsus-mc30.html

Shooter
    35mm
    I very much like using the N90s. It has a very ergonomic design.

I noticed that the shutter speed after 1/500th is 1/640th. I mention this because my Sekonic light meter (in 1/3-stop mode) does not specify 1/640, but 1/600 instead. I am wondering why there is a difference here. I gather there will be little impact (40 thousandths of a second), but please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1/640 is correct. Sekonic could be rounding.

I have an F90x and am the former owner of an F90. I can't say I use the F90x much anymore, but it is still a good camera. The small amount of money that I could get for it makes it worth keeping. I loved the F90 when I got it (1994); my first Nikon. What an awesome camera.

With manual lenses the F90 family bodies are terrific. They're not bad with AF either actually!

Definitely get an E screen. The grid lines make handheld photography (and even tripod-mounted photography) so much easier in many cases.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Jim...

Indeed, I have already installed and used my E screen. I also have one in one of my F3s. They are quite helpful. For some reason, I find the one in the F3 a tad nicer. Perhaps I favor the center circle in that screen.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I still have my N90s which I bought new oh so many years ago now and I still shoot with it. It has served me very well in all kinds of weather and is a little beat up showing the years of professional use it has endured. However if I was looking for a used auto focus Nikon I would get either the F100 or F5. My main gripe with the N90's is the difficult to reach focus lock, and old style aperture adjustment on the lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    I too prefer the F100 over the N90s. But still find the N90s to be a very nice setup.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin