Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,888   Online: 819

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Bought an N90s...

Off and on, I have been considering buying an N90s. Yesterday, I just could not resist KEH's price on a LN- with the MB10. I cannot imagine this camera being priced so inexpensively. In fact, I got an E screen (LN), a LN 1.5" Nikon strap, a body cap, an instruction book, and an MS-11 (also LN) all for a bit over $250--thank you, digital.

Anyway, I bought it because I figure it will be an excellent cold weather camera, paritcularly with the CR123s. I do not need AF capability, and plan on using the body with my AI lenses. It is such a nice looking camera, too, especially with the MB10 attached. How soft is the shutter release on the camera...and the MB10? I like that the MB10 has a vertical release, too. I welcome any comments or opinions on the camera or accessories.
    Last edited by FilmOnly; 04-07-2010 at 12:13 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    Sometimes I think that KEH will be my downfall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arguably the most "bang for the buck" in Nikon AF.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like the N90s so much I have 4.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have a couple as well. Love them. I bought the first one for $1300 (yes, I've had it a while) and the latest one for under $200.

I would do it all over again.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got one myself a couple of months ago, they are perfect size & capability. I'm mostly using old AI glass as well. Enjoy

Shooter
    35mm
    I like mine as well. It is a nice looking camera, and works well. I got mine at the beginning of the year from KEH as well. BGN rating, on sale for $29 plus < $10 shipping for the body only. I was amazed, it looked and performs like a photo store demo unit. They must have had an over-abundance of the n90s at the time, because that sale remained in place for about a month after I got mine.

That experience sold me on KEH and I have spent too much their over the last couple of months. But it sure is fun!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    in the early nineties, as a very poor student, I had a love-hate relationship with the F90x, I saw it in a professional shop window in the town where I lived.

Love because it clearly was a special tool, as anyone obviously could see. And very high-tech. Not high tech like with all kinds of peeping-like features and on paper fabulous specifications, but true high tech features that anyone ever holding and using a camera really would use for the benefit of his photographs.

Hate because I couldn't buy it, it was many dimensions away from my budget.
    So obvious thoughts of someone who can't afford: "what sucker needs such a camera to make good photographs". And "it's a shop window camera, but too expensive to really use", "people who can buy one take them to bed, instead of into the field".

Nevertheless I decided that I could really use one, one day...

Nowadays a F90x is regarded as dated, and surpassed technology, even in analogue terms.
    I got 4 brand new of them by now, thanks to digital.
    That's because I miss the ability to change films in between a roll efficiently (I am not a three digit number a week shooter, because I develop etc them all myself).
    There are so many of them because they kept making them in large numbers even when "it was already over".

And I have 2 MB-10 and 1 MF-26. But I do not need these accessories in my style of shooting anyway. Allthough "focus priority" on MF-26 is sometimes useful to me. The F90x is perfect in exposure, when I'm lazy, when I shoot expensive E6 or any kind of flash.

I cannot say how much I love using the F90x. It is what I need, whether unpersuable in the past, or outdated at present.
    The use of the F90x feels so natural to me, I KNOW that camera and the line of AF-D's.
    My dream machine for ever.

The four I keep in "unprofessional", brand new Nikon Snout bags. But they are of the toughest and finest leather and they fit my shooting and carrying style.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to the N90S fold!

Shooter
    35mm
    I use my F100's and N90s rigs all the time. I also found that they can take a fair amount of rain (wedding shoot).

Kiron Kid

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin