Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,405   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know your budget but these look like fine gear but, at least to me, pretty expensive. But if they last for a long time? then the cost per day could be low and if it prevents an oops then replacing the camera could be much more expensive. Thought I would show the link as I haven't seen anything quite like these:

http://www.skytoptrading.com/

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Last edited by wclark5179; 04-09-2010 at 09:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks for the input everyone. Damn, www.skytoptrading.com, and I tought Luigi's cases were expensive!!! Did I read $850 correctly?

However, having a western style holster for my (thirty)-SIX Shooter would be pretty cool.

And mhcfires, I think your case looks nice, but just not as 'refined' as Zhou or Luigi. I think that a snugger fit, cleaner edges & lines that aren't symmetrical, but more accommodating to the levers/buttons, would take it there. The leather looks great, good color.

I might be interested down the road. I'll let you know!
    Last edited by holmburgers; 04-09-2010 at 11:25 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    update...

Ok, so I did some comparisons of the various Canon SLR's and their dimensions (actually, also checked out Nikon & Olympus). Easily enough, the New F-1 has the exact dimensions as the EF, except for 1mm taller, which obviously isn't a problem.

PLUS, they apparently made a half case w/o the tripod socket, which would've been a problem since the socket on the EF is off centered.

So basically, I can get a New F-1 half case and call it a day.

Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wclark5179 View Post
    I don't know your budget but these look like fine gear but, at least to me, pretty expensive. But if they last for a long time? then the cost per day could be low and if it prevents an oops then replacing the camera could be much more expensive. Thought I would show the link as I haven't seen anything quite like these:

http://www.skytoptrading.com/

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Those prices are unreal!, Nice stuff, though.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    thanks for the input everyone. Damn, www.skytoptrading.com, and I tought Luigi's cases were expensive!!! Did I read $850 correctly?

However, having a western style holster for my (thirty)-SIX Shooter would be pretty cool.

And mhcfires, I think your case looks nice, but just not as 'refined' as Zhou or Luigi. I think that a snugger fit, cleaner edges & lines that aren't symmetrical, but more accommodating to the levers/buttons, would take it there. The leather looks great, good color.

I might be interested down the road. I'll let you know!
    Thanks. That was my "M" Prototype. I have a nicer one on my M2 at present, it is cleaner, still not fitting right around the strap lugs, but I did finish the edges. I want the thing to not only fit well, but I want the tooled design to look good. To be honest, I did the first one for my IIIa as a lark to see if I could do it. I have that one on my IIIf at present. I'll post pix of the case when I finish it.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    please do... who knows, maybe you could make some money for yourself. Afterall, as we've discovered no one is really making nice leather half cases for the SLR's. Seems like a huge market if you ask me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am still working on my model for the Leica M camera. The thought of a half case for an SLR is intriguing though. It might actually be easier to make since SLR's are by nature, larger than the typical RF camera. I think that it is the main reason I carry the Leica. It is so much lighter, and I can carry it in pocket with the lens collapsed.

Thank you for the encouragement.
    Michael Cienfuegos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin