Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,969   Online: 925

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canon T90

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't need the additional flash sync socket with the Wein Safe Sync, because it has one that provides a contact that's less than 6V, the 300 TL is fully dedicated and you can take advantage of the superb TTL off the film flash metering that does fill in flash for you. I just wanted to warn you about the trigger voltage issue, and this particularly applies to just about all the older type studio strobes.
    Best wishes, I hope you enjoy "The Tank" as much as I do.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-13-2010 at 04:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well THANK-YOU you saved me a bit of $$$ for your tip. Now I can buy more FD lenses with the money I will save.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're very welcome,I've been using the 45 CT1 for more then 20 years with my A1, F1, and other FD bodys and they still work fine, but I checked the trigger voltage on the 300 TL which is around 6v before I used the Metz on it and I thought it safer not to risk it, and I can use the Safe Sync with any studio strobes I use of unknown trigger voltage, and any shoe mounted flash, I have three T90 bodys, and find it a very useful accessory that obviates the need for a sync. socket, and allows me to use them with any flash.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-13-2010 at 08:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just picked up the flash adapter from my Canon T90 to a Metz 45 CT1. It is a "Nikon AS-15 Hot Shoe Adapter" in case any other Canon T90 owners would need such a thing. It was probably a sought after item in 1986 but now probably not so much..,... Just wonder if ANY of my EOS cameras would still be usable after 25 years ???
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 05-20-2010 at 06:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The T90 is a fine camera, passing aside its occasional heavy consumption of batteries and rough use over many years. I have seen several very battered models in good working order but with faults varying from a sticky mirror, worn film window foam (resulting in light leak over time), inaccurate shutter speeds and abraded legends around the top panel controls. But what really caught my attention here is... a "vertical release button that screws into the remote release socket." A what?? I'd be interested in seeing such a gizmo. It would have been very useful in my time using the T90.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "vertical release button that screws into the remote release socket." A what?? I'd be interested in seeing such a gizmo. It would have been very useful in my time using the T90.
    There was such a thing for sale on the Auction site we all love so much. The one I saw had a $50 price on it and it still had 3 days left sooooo I think they were kind of out of my price range. Looked like they just threaded on were that little cap is located. I also noted that with the T90 there is really not a lot of grip in the bottom like the ledge that is on the battery packs with the EOS cameras. BUT if you have a flash frame or ?? that is a totally different solution to that problem. The member Mr,"benjiboy" pointed it out to me.
    I know they were made BUT where to locate such an item is questionable. Antique store, very old photograph parts store ? Good luck on your search.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most educational. But $50.00!? They should come off the glue!
    The EOS 1, 1N of course were no better than the T90 in terms of vertical holding when they came out, unless the PDB-E1 was fitted which conveniently added a beefy grip and shutter release, partly answering prayers. But Canon fumbled, initially leaving out an AEL button on early PDB-E1 boosters, then backtracking to include it from 1992. Things got better on the EOS 5 (also in my armoury) and its superb Vertical Grip VG-10, adding a quick control wheel, AEL and focus point selection. But the T90 was always an awkward beasty in vertical mode so mention of that nifty vertical release button accessory certainly caught my imagination. Right now, though, my priority on "the auction site we all love so much" is to secure an Olympus XA. Then maybe I'll track down a decent T90 to add to my collection of "instamatics".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya I was surprised @ the price. It didn't take me long to convince my self that it really wasn't necessary for my stable. For that price I could pick up another lens or more film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Just on note on one great attribute of the T90 and other FD-lensed Canon cameras: they have a short lens-mount-to-film-plane distance, so with the appropriate adapter you can use a variety of different-mount lenses AND focus them to infinity. I like using my Pentax SM lenses on my T90, just for the fun of it all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    Ya I was surprised @ the price. It didn't take me long to convince my self that it really wasn't necessary for my stable. For that price I could pick up another lens or more film.

For AUD$50 I think I could land an EXC+ Olympus XA!

Some time in the future I will acquire a T90 hopefully in mint condition and ideally sourced locally.

Referencing an earlier post, I paid $870 for the T90 body in May 1987 with an FD 35-135mm f3.5 zoom (both new). Proficient in wielding it everywhere I went, my first winning photographs from Kodachrome 200 to Ilfochrome were run through that camera and lens combo; I did have a 28mm lens later I think but cannot recall what happened to that. The T90 came after trading an Olympus OM4 with motordrive, having at that time a poor understanding of highlight/shadow exposure interpretation. Times (and cameras...) changed after education from 1991.
    If I'd held my nerve (what's youth got to do with it!?) I should have kept both cameras, damn it! :rolleyes: .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin