Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,703   Online: 888

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Canon T90

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would but I need something to compare it to. I need the specification of what is too high or low. AND a volt meter also. They will have that @ the store when I make my inquiry but I might need some #s to work with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The T 90 was almost the prototype of the EOS range, and since the actual Canon dedicated flash for the camera the Canon 300TL has a trigger voltage of about six volts ( and can be bought on ebay for about the same price as the Wein Safe Sync and gives you full TTL OTF flash and automatic fill in flash) I wouldn't risk it for the sake of £50.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well a round of thanks to APUG members. Especially "benjboy" and "Mattking" Turned out my Metz 45CT-1 cranked out 250 volts and I only needed 7 volts. The adapter was returned to Beau Photo with out any problems. I will still be getting the Wein adapter or the Canon 300TL but probably the adapter that I can use on my Mamiya 645 Super it all depends on how my shopping and comparing goes until my next G.A.S. episode.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    Well a round of thanks to APUG members. Especially "benjboy" and "Mattking" Turned out my Metz 45CT-1 cranked out 250 volts and I only needed 7 volts. The adapter was returned to Beau Photo with out any problems. I will still be getting the Wein adapter or the Canon 300TL but probably the adapter that I can use on my Mamiya 645 Super it all depends on how my shopping and comparing goes until my next G.A.S. episode.
    I finished up buying both , the 300TL in mint condition was cheaper than the Wein Safe Sync, the 300TL with TTL OTF flash is magic with fill in flash ( syncro-sunlight) for outdoor portraits, and does the calculation for you and it's fairly powerful with a Guide Number of 35 Meters for I.S.O 100 film.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

T90 flash

I will be keeping my eyes open for a 300 TL to be available locally but the Safe-sync is available when I come up with the $$$. I am just cautious at buying one on the auction site as a 1986 flash could have been through some questionable situations that would limit its endurance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be keeping my eyes open for a 300 TL to be available locally but the Safe-sync is available when I come up with the $$$. I am just cautious at buying one on the auction site as a 1986 flash could have been through some questionable situations that would limit its endurance.
    Dennis:

Just in case it isn't clear, the Safe-sync doesn't do anything to protect the flash. It protects your cameras from the flash.

The relatively high trigger voltage provided by your flash is what renders cameras vulnerable.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the safe-sync I can use the flash on my Mamiya 645. I guess the Canon 300 TL could be used on it also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the safe-sync I can use the flash on my Mamiya 645. I guess the Canon 300 TL could be used on it also.
    I believe the metz 45 would be far more suitable for your 645 the 300TLs electronics were designed specifically to couple with the T90, and as
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the metz 45 would be far more suitable for your 645 the 300TLs electronics were designed specifically to couple with the T90s circuitry, and as Matt King writes in his previous post the Safe Sync reduces the voltage of any strobe to below 6Volts to protect the cameras electronics not the speed light ,that's why the Nikon one you had and returned was no use.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the metz 45 would be far more suitable for your 645 the 300TLs electronics were designed specifically to couple with the T90, and has six contacts on the foot to fully connect the functions, Matt King writes correctly in his previous post and I agree the Safe Sync reduces the voltage of any strobe to below 6Volts to protect the cameras electronics not the speed light that's why the Nikon one you had and returned was no use.
    Ben

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin