Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,454   Online: 988

Shooter
    35mm

50mm Rokkor for £10

Popped over to the local Camera Fair yesterday just looking for a couple of lens hoods and some caps but came across a 50mm f1.7 Rokkor that will fit my recently acquired SRT101b perfectly.No capps but it looks clean and everything appears to work ver smoothly,cant wait to try it out to see if I have a real bargain or a pup
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were others from APUG there as well and some bargains

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    That explains it I thought there were some rather shady characters hanging around
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Cliffy;

Not all of my ROKKOR lenses sport genuine original Minolta labels on their lens caps. In fact, for the front of the lens I prefer the Tamron brand squeeze lens caps. The 55mm size is the Tamron Snap-On Lens Cap Model C1FB. The plastic parts your fingers work are much larger and easier to operate. (I admit that I do have big hands; I am 6 feet 3 inches tall.) The common plastic caps that bayonet mount onto the back of the lenses are quite readily available from your local camera stockists. For a lens you are using on a working camera body (not one that sits in a display cabinet), this is a guite reasonable and functional arrangement.

When you get the test roll back, you may be impressed with how well the smaller ROKKOR lenses will perform. Yes, many people like the f:1.4 and the f:1.2 lenses, but for pure optical performance, the f:1.7, f:1.8, and f:2.0 lenses do very well. I use the f:1.4 lenses mainly for the slightly brighter viewing screen that helps me in focusing. I can negate the optical advantage of the smaller lenses quite easily with focusing errors. Something about an excessive accumulation of years.

The ROKKOR 50mm f:1.7 with your SR-T 101b will make a fine combination for you. Keep in mind that by now, they may need a CLA. They are probably 40 years old now.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    All of the 50/1.7 Rokkors are very good. My favorite is the MC Rokkor-X. It has more metal than the later 50/1.7s. The 50/1.7 MD isn't nearly as well made but is also very sharp.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would say that if it operates 5x5, you got yourself a steal.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin