Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,834   Online: 854

Shooter
    35mm

Foucs problems with a Pentax-m 40mm f/2.8!!!

I┤ve and old 40mm pancake lens and I can┤t focus to infinity! How can I do to fix it? can I do it by myself or should I get a professional to do it?

///Anders S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the focus screen located properly, some Pentax's have interchangeable screens and these can cause a focus problem.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I think it┤s sitting right. I┤ve done a cleaning of it by myself. Perhaps I didn┤t put it back as it should be. I┤ve to check this.

///Anders S

Shooter
    35mm
    If you have another Pentax camera, check the lens on that to see if it's the camera or lens.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    If you have another Pentax camera, check the lens on that to see if it's the camera or lens.
    Thank you! That was a great idea!

///Anders S

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Did you disassemble the lens?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Did you disassemble the lens?
    No, I┤ve not done that! I know there are three screws to unscrew to adjust the focus! Isn┤t it so?

///Anders S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes - you first remove the name ring (unscrew it using a rubber block/rubber stopper etc) you will see the 3 screws to loosen so you can move the focus ring a little to adjust infinity focus

But how did you go with the focussing screen - is it sitting correctly? I would check the lens on another camera to see if it is focussing correctly to infinity first. If you don't have another camera I would set the camera to B and check the focus on the film plane with some ground glass (if you don't have ground glass use a piece of frosted sticky tape - run the tape from the top to the bottom of the camera making sure it is stuck to the top and bottom film guides only - you will be surprised how clear the image is to focus on - I use this technique for focussing folding cameras when I've re-lubricated the focussing ring
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin