Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,726   Online: 850

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Nikon SP on goodwill.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6098113

Thought people here might be interested. They don't say much about it, other than they can't get it to work. But you might get a good price on it. Just a thought.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by blind_sparks View Post
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6098113

Thought people here might be interested. They don't say much about it, other than they can't get it to work. But you might get a good price on it. Just a thought.
    Wow. Looks like it's in the rewind position (shutter collar set to "R"), which would prevent the shutter from firing. Possibly the camera is functioning fine. If only I had the loose change...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've seen a few crazy cameras on goodwill the last few months. Unfortunately they go for new Ebay prices... with even less info about their status.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I didn't notice the collar, so yeah it probably works! I just discovered the goodwill site, so it's been a bit of a revelation for me. =P

Shooter
    35mm
    I buy from the Goodwill site occasionally but you have to watch the shipping charges,some of the stores are outrageous.
    I agree that ebay is usually cheaper as well.Ron G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Shutter does not fire when prompted".

I wonder how they prompt it? Go "ch-chk" and wait for it to follow?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $ 557.50 looks a little much for a camera that does not work. It has no back ? And the lens with 5 cm is the same as 50mm. When did they use that for a lens identification ?
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 04-22-2010 at 11:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It has a back, because the final picture with the A.S.A. film speed indicator on it is the bottom of the back, it slides off like the back the Zeiss Contax that the Nikon SP is a copy of and the Nikon F. It was very common practice with German and other European lenses to mark them in cm in those days, and this made them more like them, because in those days the Japanese were trying to get their foot in the door of western markets by supplying their manufactured goods of high quality at cheaper prices than western manufacturers could to compete with them.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-22-2010 at 05:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Final price: 1,506.00

For reference, this is the first completed ebay auction that looks like it may be similar (I'm not all familiar with the nikon rangefinder line so i could be missing something): http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-Rangefinde...item3cac6b2ffc

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    It has a back, because the final picture with the A.S.A. film speed indicator on it is the bottom of the back, it slides off like the back the Zeiss Contax that the Nikon SP is a copy of and the Nikon F. It was very common practice with German and other European lenses to mark them in cm in those days, and this made them more like them, because in those days the Japanese were trying to get their foot in the door of western markets by supplying their manufactured goods of high quality at cheaper prices than western manufacturers could to compete with them.
    But they couldn't win in the market place although they were offering high quality cameras at lower price so both Nikon and Canon went the SLR route and left the German behind.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin