Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,473   Posts: 1,570,974   Online: 811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Lights View Post
    The ME Super is a great camera, imo, also my first SLR.

The winder is nice to have, but I like advancing the film manually better.
    Yeah, it's sweet. The vertical shutter allows it to have a nice short winding stroke.
    The winder's nice for people who find the camera to be too small. I like it either way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should find the ME Super to be a very reliable camera. I have 2 of them that I bought new and other than an occasional CLA, they just go and go. I love the size and feel of them. My only complaint is that the exposure lights in the viewfinder are difficult to see on a bright day.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a first SLR, the ME Super is an excellent choice. Congratulations. I love mine, mostly due to it's small size, low weight and also it's superb VF. None other like it.

Dan Daniel: I love the muffled mirrror slap too, the nicest sound I've ever heard coming from a 35mm SLR! It gives me such pleasure. But, my friend has another ME SUper and oddly, his doesn't sound quite so muffled. Perhaps his mirror bumper is going?

Shooter
    35mm
    Very good - it's a more durable camera than the one you were considering, and it has a much better viewfinder too. I enjoy using my ME Super. Hope yours does well for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin