Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,466   Online: 748

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fitted ever-ready case
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    DOF Preview Buttons :P

I have a Canon Elan7e ... the "eye tracking focus" system is just absurd ... but the camera is damn quiet.

I don't have anything against auto * features, as long as they can be turned off. The exception being my Contax G1 ...

and +1 on fitted cases of any kind. hate them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh God, you're going to get your hide tanned mentioning that eye tracking focus is absurd. A few weeks back a thread went off like firecrackers with that single most irritating subject. But, ah, I too, as an ex-user of all of those ECF cameras (EOS 5, 50E), thoroughly agree — now let's go run and hide!! .
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Oh God, you're going to get your hide tanned mentioning that eye tracking focus is absurd. A few weeks back a thread went off like firecrackers with that single most irritating subject. But, ah, I too, as an ex-user of all of those ECF cameras (EOS 5, 50E), thoroughly agree — now let's go run and hide!! .
    I'll have to look for that, I like a good read

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Continuous auto focus, multi-point focus, and matrix metering.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Over-rated features:
    -program exposure
    -auto focus
    -motor drives
    -double-exposure levers
    -built-in flashes

also, definitely not over-rated but quite useless none-the-less is:
    -flash bulb sync
    Last edited by timk; 04-26-2010 at 11:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    FSTOPS and multiple shutter speeds ...
    box cameras worked fine .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    lenses.... pinhole ftw!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am a little dismayed on the number of people who find Auto Focus as a useless option. OK, maybe its because I do a bit of sports shooting (even on film), but I find Auto Focus to be one of the best functions of my camera. The only time I don't use it is in bad light OR macro. Yes, AF on older models can be a bit hit and miss, but on a Modern Film SLR (such as the Maxxum 7 I use), AF is extremely good (IMHO). I am seriously wondering if quite a few of you have tried it once, found it hard and never tried it again.

For me, the most useless function that I have ever seen on a Film SLR is the panaramic function as found on some cheap Minolta's in the mid 90's. Basically, it was a mask that would crop the top and bottom of the frame.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post

For me, the most useless function that I have ever seen on a Film SLR is the panaramic function as found on some cheap Minolta's in the mid 90's. Basically, it was a mask that would crop the top and bottom of the frame.
    That's why god invented the XPan

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin