Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,590   Online: 931

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I once damaged my Minolta X-700 by trying to squeeze extra exposures onto a roll of film.
    Charles Hohenstein

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by imokruok View Post
    Just getting 36 isn't the worst thing in the world...my stupid archival sheets only hold that many.
    Precisely the reason why I limit myself to 35 frames per roll.
    Let's worry about what's on it, not how many we can get out of one roll.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only shoot 36 exposures in my Canon T90s because it has auto rewind and there's no option, in my other SLR s I only shoot 34 on a roll to avoid pulling the film out of the Cassette that's worse than getting an extra frame or two.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    My auto-rewind Pentax will give me 37. It seems to me that Pentax was over cautious when ensuring that enough film is taken up at the start to avoid any possibility of attempting to expose on film which has already been fogged during the initial wind-on.

However at best Pentax if redesigned smight squeeze another 2 frames out of a 36 and quite frankly I'd rather stick with 6x6 strips than have a 7th strip with only two negs on it. Besides which my Paterson contact frame will only take a 8x10 paper which is designed for 6x6 contact prints only.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    My Nikons only allow 36 exposures. When I had Minoltas, I regulary go over 36 slides on a roll.
    What Nikons are those? All of mine (and I have a lot! ... FE, FM2n, F3HP, F4S, F5, F70, N8008s, F90x, F100) let me shoot to the very end of the roll.

Only the manual-wind Nikons let me start shooting before frame 1 (the F3HP won't let me meter until frame 1 though).

I used to start shooting at frame zero (and occasionally do, especially on unimportant test rolls) but frame 0 is dangerous to shoot since it might be fogged. Frame 37 is dangerous to shoot because some labs will cut it in half during processing. (Dwayne's in Kansas, the last Kodachrome lab in the world, is such a lab.)
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to have at least one frame's worth of unexposed, clear film left on the strip after developing. If I am going to scan the film, I will use that frame to calibrate the scanner for the film base. It's either that or else I have to try to calibrate from the edge or from the space between frames.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    So, the consensus seems to be: Don't be a cheapskate. Just pop in another roll of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    I get over 9000 frames from a 36 exposure roll.................

When I don't properly load the film.
    Me too!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's Kodachrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    So you will lose 2 frames, no big deal.!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Precisely the reason why I limit myself to 35 frames per roll.
    Let's worry about what's on it, not how many we can get out of one roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    So, the consensus seems to be: Don't be a cheapskate. Just pop in another roll of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    It's Kodachrome.
    Definitely stop at 36 then. There's a significant chance you'll lose frame 37 during processing.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin