Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,659   Online: 844

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have shot the 37th frame on several recent rolls of Kodachrome but Dwayne's will not guarantee that they will not cut the film in the middle of the 37th frame.

Shooter
    35mm
    Out of curiosity...What happens to the frame counter when multiple exposures are taken with various manual cameras. Will the counter exceed 36? Will the film automatically rewind at 36?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I understand the question: if you press in the rewind button before winding the film (so that the film does not advance, and you can take a second exposure on the same frame), what happens to the frame counter? On every Canon I've owned, the counter does not advance if the film does not. So it doesn't go to 37 just because you took a multiple exposure frame.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi. I had an A2e. There is a little sensor that counts the sprocket holes on the film and after a preset number of sprocekt holes are counted, the camera sets itself to frame 1 and is ready for shooting. If your film is longer than 36 exposures, it will take them. So, I think your options are:
    1. Load your own bulk film longer than 36 frames, or
    2. Somehow fool the camera into starting 1 or 2 frames earlier. Perhaps you can try adding some scrap unexposd film (with sticky tape) to the film leader to make it longer. I'm not sure if the sensor counts the top sprockets or the lower sprockets.

Good Luck,
    ~Dom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel your pain. Clearly, the only real, failsafe solution to this problem is to treat yourself to a Leica M. This is what I did, and now I regularly get 38 per roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For multiple exposures on my Olympus cameras the procedure for multiple exposures is as follows:
    1. After the first exposure is ended, erect the rewind crank and turn it clockwise as far as it will go to take up film slack.
    2. While holding both the rewind knob/crank and the rewind button/release with your fingers to prevent them from moving, wind the film advance lever. Theoretically the film is not wound but the shutter is cocked by this operation.
    3. Press the shutter release as you would do normally, and double exposure will occur.
    4. By repeating steps 2 an 3, the frame will be exposed as many times as you want. However, the frame counter advances each time the shutter is cocked.
    5. After ending the multiple exposure, put the lens cap on and make a blind shot.
    NOTE: the frame may shift slightly.

I have also gotten as many as 38 exposures. My frame counters have the number 36 as well as two additional indicators. There is a dot following "36" and then the letter "E". Continuing to advance the film past "E" will do no harm as long as there is still film in the cartridge.

Additionally, there is available the 250 Film Back 1 to utilize bulk film.
    Last edited by mopar_guy; 05-01-2010 at 06:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: oops

Shooter
    35mm
    Mmmh..moot point, but when I'm getting to frame 30 -32, and the film has been in the camera "for some time", I start being impatient to get it 'finished' and processed, so usually less descriminating about subjet and composition on those last frames...;-)

So more than 36 just prolongs the agony..

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CRM-114 View Post
    Mmmh..moot point, but when I'm getting to frame 30 -32, and the film has been in the camera "for some time", I start being impatient to get it 'finished' and processed, so usually less descriminating about subjet and composition on those last frames...;-)

So more than 36 just prolongs the agony..
    That's why I load my own cassettes with 12-15 shots

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    What Nikons are those? All of mine (and I have a lot! ... FE, FM2n, F3HP, F4S, F5, F70, N8008s, F90x, F100) let me shoot to the very end of the roll.

Only the manual-wind Nikons let me start shooting before frame 1 (the F3HP won't let me meter until frame 1 though).

I used to start shooting at frame zero (and occasionally do, especially on unimportant test rolls) but frame 0 is dangerous to shoot since it might be fogged. Frame 37 is dangerous to shoot because some labs will cut it in half during processing. (Dwayne's in Kansas, the last Kodachrome lab in the world, is such a lab.)
    N-75 and F-100. If you know how to get more than 36 shots, I would like to know. I am about to use the only two rolls of HIE in the F-100, so this information would be timely.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    N-75 and F-100. If you know how to get more than 36 shots, I would like to know. I am about to use the only two rolls of HIE in the F-100, so this information would be timely.
    If you have auto-rewind enabled, turn it off. Otherwise, load the film normally and simply shoot until the camera will no longer advance. I routinely get 37 exposures on a roll of film.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin