Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,944   Online: 912

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Most outfitters/camping supplies carry a foam sheet that can be placed in a sleeping bag. It's about 3/8ths of an inch thick and can be cut to fit. It also is not expensive. I have used it in small duffel bags to protect cameras effectively.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, closed cell foam sleeping mats are perfect to craft your own pads.
    They come in several thicknesses. Don't take up mositure. And are (relatively) cheap.

I have cut up a few of those too to create custom inserts for various bags and packs. Use pads to put between things stacked in too-deep compartments in regular photo bags too.
    Well worth considering if you want to add some padding to a unpadded bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Yep, closed cell foam sleeping mats are perfect to craft your own pads.
    They come in several thicknesses. Don't take up mositure. And are (relatively) cheap.

I have cut up a few of those too to create custom inserts for various bags and packs. Use pads to put between things stacked in too-deep compartments in regular photo bags too.
    Well worth considering if you want to add some padding to a unpadded bag.
    Especially cheap if you buy them at a second hand store, $2-$5ea. around here.
    More at a military surplus store $10-$20.
    I owned a Billingham once & it was a nice bag but not $200 nice. I know! It's a hobby, spoil yourself.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmOnly View Post
    I appreciate all the advice, especially in regard to Billlingham. I have considered these bags in the past, but the price has kept me at bay. They seem very nice, indeed.
    They have always been expensive even in the U.K when I bought mine about twenty years ago, but you only buy them once in a lifetime. I understand Billingham's biggest markets for their bags are the USA, and Japan where they change hands for big money .
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin