Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,195   Online: 957

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta 85 f1.7 sticky aperture.

I just purchased a very nice minolta mc rokkor 85 1.7 pf in excellent cosmetic condition but sadly the aperture is sticky and the oil can be seen on the blades.

I'm not afraid to repair myself if given the how to. Does anyone have info on how to repair this fine lens?

Or if anyone knows of a repair service.

Thanks, Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Dave;

One shop I can suggest is Camera Clinic out here in Latte Land, telephone 206-367-2440. Doug has been doing almost all of the work on my Minoltas for about three years now. His address is: Camera Clinic, 518 NE 165th Street, Seattle, Washington 98155.

I picked up my Vivitar 450/SLD with the Copal Square Vertical Focal Plane Shutter that Doug had done a CLA for just this afternoon. John Nikon F also has a lot of his work done here.

The Minolta 1.7/85 is worth repairing. I also like mine.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin