Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,547   Online: 977

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I won a bid today on a black T3 body parts/repair,paid the guy and he refunded part of my shipping and says he might get it in the mail today for me.That is what makes ebay attractive at times.I seem to attract the dorks though.LOL.Ron G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What gets me is the often very poor quality photos of the camera being listed. The buyer often saying ... ''this camera has given me some really great photos over the years'' !!
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    its the best when they sell a kodak portrait lens
    that is being sold "as-is" because it is missing the front cell

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately for some, it's the all-american way! Mark something up 400% and wait to see if some nimrod will pay the price.

And, no - I've never worked in a jewelry store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I don't like the listing, I move on. There is one guy in particular that I would bid on his camera items, but the photos in the listing are obviously taken with a cheap digi shooter, and the pictures are out of focus and highlights blown out. If this guy can't take a decent picture of a lens, he doesn't know anything about camera gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just saw a decent picture on the bay of a tripod/head at a really good BIN price-then I looked at his rating. 75%!! My dog was very startled when I suddenly blurted quite loudly "Aw, HELL No!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Y'all need a life. Getting upset at posted values on EBay? EBay is toast. There is no EBay anymore. I have a 240 rating and haven't bought a thing in two or three years.

It was fun while it lasted. I am a professional bottom feeder but the values just are not there so EBay sellers don't even get a look anymore.

The sad part is I live in San Jose, I have friends who work for EBay and they don't bother to play either.

It's just sad.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There are still deals to be found on Ebay.. but its not easy..
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The big problem is the general population thinks "Old = Expensive!" They have no idea that most of what they are selling is so darn common that it's value is low.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pcooklin View Post
    Yes, it makes me cross....Ive seen expired film being sold for *more* than I can buy it new. Im sure they must catch a few people who don't know better which is why they keep running the ads'. Ive nearly contacted the sellers' a few times to say I could buy a new item for less...</end rant>
    But it is aged like a fine wine and that is what drives up the price!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin