Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,946   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Regarding the Biogon, in 35mm focal length for 35mm SLR cameras, I don't believe there ever was such a lens.

The rear element of the Biogon made it impossible to be used in an SLR because of the mirror. There was a 21mm Biogon for the Zeiss Ikon Contarex that required the mirror to be locked up. It's a scale focus lens, and the photographer has to frame the shot using an auxiliary viewfinder. This Biogon is for the most part identical to the lens for the Zeiss Ikon Contax rangefinder.

The Biogon for the Hasselblad again is fixed (non-interchangeable). The body has no mirror, and the photographer uses the included viewfinder to frame the shot.

For SLR wide angles, I believe Carl Zeiss created the Distagon, and so all Zeiss-branded wide angle lenses should be Distagons.

The Icarex camera made its final appearance as the Zeiss Ikon SL 706. It resurfaced under the Rollei banner as the Rolleiflex SL 35 M/ME and its sibling Voigtlander models -- VSL1/VSL2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. For now I'll be using only the 35mm, but I'll remain alert for others.
    The lens is a Voigtlander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin