Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,077   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I found the Minolta my parents always used. It is 8 years old I think. Looked like digital p&s. The funny thing was that it had a full roll of film in it and I sent it away for development Big surprise what's on them
    Rein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've never really noticed any focusing lag, to be honest. It's very quick. There is winder noise -- it's noisier than the Hexar AF in silent mode (obviously!), but I don't remember it being especially obtrusive. It's remarkably well-spec'd for a small camera. I took mine to Paris for a weekend over New Year a few years back, and used it as the only camera, and I didn't miss anything about having a bigger one. Like all small cameras the flash is very low-powered.

All of these are the AFM35: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcg_pho...7612348971745/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Minox 35 GT it has an exceptional 35mm Colour Minotar f2.8 lens, is only the size of a pack of cigarettes and I've had 20"X16" prints from the negs, when I show people the prints and the camera I took them with they don't believe it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use an Olympus Stylus Epic and a Rollei 35

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I've gone through:
    Minox 35 GT: Great lens, not very reliable (esp. the electronics)
    Olympus XA: O.k. but not great lens.
    Olympus Mju: Pretty good lens, too little control for my taste.
    Olympus XA4: Disappointing (overrated) 28mm lens.
    Rollei 35 S (&T & SE): Great lens. I find 40mm a bit too long.

If I were still using film for that niche, I'd go for one of the Rollei Pregos: I actually had one once, which I loaned to a GF (was very surprised by the results) but (foolishly?) sold it because of my ingraned prejudice against zooms...

For my mountain use & treks, I now either use an "unmentionable" P&S or go the whole hog and bring a Rolleflex SLR or Leica M kit (18/21 + 35 + 85/90mm lenses respectively). The leica M kit with bag is all of 1.5 kilos, the Rollei slightly more.
    I've also taken a 6x6 folder on long treks, a Soviet Iskra, which was actually o.k. light & compact and amazingly good. I just find the lens a little too long for my tastes again.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon L35ad ATM:-

Very good lens, just under excellent SLR primes for sharpness.
    http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...ata/img341.jpg

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Minox 35 and love it to bits, for me reliability has never been a problem. The lens is as others have said exceptionally sharp and it is very easy to set it to the hyperfocal distance to give yourself a lightning-fast, silent camera. I also used to shoot with an Olympus Trip 35 which gave me pleasing results, with the advantage that if it breaks, I can buy 10 for the price I paid for the Minox.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also have a Minox 35, purchased new in the 80s, still works, great photos.
    Love this camera although I do worry about it because of all the problems others have had. Still, will use it till one of us dies.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought my Minox 35GT second hand about twenty years ago and never had any problem with it as Alex 1994 writes if you set the lens at the hyperfocal distance there is no need to focus and it is noiseless which is great for street shooting, and it doesn't look too professional and attract any attention, I also have a Zeiss Contax with a 50mm f1.5 Zeiss Sonnar, and the lens on the Minox will give it a run for it's money for image quality
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Before I went all digital, I loved the Stylus Epic...article here: http://antiquecameras.net/olympusstylusepic.html

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin