Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,412   Online: 925

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being the ultimate Bushells Anti-Digital Trendy, my favourite point 'n shoot is...
    .... My Zero Image pinhole!
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    over the years I've owned many, many small cameras in the search for the "ideal" pocket camera....

My last, and favorite one was a Ricoh GR1/GR1S (had both) - sharp lens, aperture priority, and great LCD viewfinder confirming what you focussed on...

Other cameras I've had include...

Ricoh R1 - great camera, good panorama function - I killed mine by carrying it in my pocket for over 12 months without a case - so full of dust it struggled to move the lens in and out..but it kept on working

Minox EL etc...had a few of them - sharp lens - electronics very suspect....

Olympus XA - all mine have had great lenses (I've managed to drop 3), but the rangefinder spot does tend to fade a bit..

Olympus XA1,2,3,4 - all ok, but not as good as the XA

Rollei 35 - I've had a few - the best one was the LED with the"cheap" Triotar lens - which I found was sharper than the Sonnar

Contax T - nice camera, but I kept flicking the self timer switch by accident when I put it in my pocket, so when I wnet to take a photo nothing happened!!

Ricoh FF1s - a bit of a sleeper this one - styled like a Minox, but much more reliable...

Olympus Pen D series - these are all great - super sharp, full manual shutter speeds (meters are getting a bit old, but once calibrated they seem OK in most light conditions), and being half frame you get twice the shots per roll

Canon Demi - the original model is my favotite (and the most compact) - super sharp lens, programmed shutter - and twice the shots per roll..probably the other camera I'd consider as a pocket camera

Canon MC - super sharp lens, and when they work they are great..getting a bit old to trust now for day to day shooting..

Had a few APS cameras, but the film/processing let them down...

I haven't included various small rangefinders I've owned - Ricoh, Canon, Minolta, Konica hexar etc - all great, but not, by my definition, pocket cameras.........
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Do you think you could kill a Gr1/s/v by carrying it naked in your pocket for over a year?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it's the dust/lint that accumulates in your pocket that gets in to the camera and kills it (or more accuratley, gets into the seal around the lens and causes it to stick to the barrell. It also gets into the viewfinder and makes it hard to see through..)

On the other hand I kept my last ones in their leather cases in my pocket for a couple of years, and never had a problem with dust....
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    I carried a Canon GIII Ql17 on the Appalachian Trail for 3 or 4 months, it did great but was a bit larger than a XA. I had also, before that, carried a Minolta zoom 110 slr- couldn't love the sub-mini format though so it got replaced.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    My Yashicamat 124 is my point & shoot.

Ian
    I have a Rollei Prego with the four element 35mm 3.5 Rolleinar lens. Good sharp pictures; kind of heavy and dry on spaghetti, tho!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    I have folders that are point and shoot,Just set the hyperfocal setting and you get great depth of focas and they are small and easy to carry and great results,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a rollei 35 T. I lurv it to bits. It's my moms originally, but she didn't use it any more. The frame spacing can be a bit random at times but no overlap. I'm contemplating a small ricoh GRxx at times. Although I really don't need another camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I picked up a Yashica T4 Super, maybe not the best of the best, but that waist level finder is to die for. The colors are so nice on this thing. I love it to bits and pieces.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    Rollei 35 - I've had a few - the best one was the LED with the"cheap" Triotar lens - which I found was sharper than the Sonnar
    Nice to see the little Rollei 35 LED get an honourable mention. Zeiss triplets have always punched above their weight, and whilst the 35 LED never had the cachet of its pricier brothers, and was about as back-to-basics as a camera can be, it still produced the goods time and time again out of that tiny box.
    Alex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin