Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,774   Online: 852

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

The great Point & Shoot thread!

I will be backpacking in 2 months and will be using an Olympus XA (not really a P&S but its so tiny that it fits into the category) and a Ricoh GR1. Plus any other small cameras which I may acquire. A friend of mine will also be taking my Olympus Stylus Epic. I really do think that the Olympus XA could be my favorite camera I've used so far. Great control and amazingly small.

Please share your P&S wisdom and photos!

I would really like to see an example of the Yashica T4's 'super scope' and how it actually works in practice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good choice. I carried my XA everywhere I went for years. I loaned it to a dear friend who took it up Everest(he DNF'd the summit). Its still a great shooter, tho I almost never use it any more(old eyes and arthritic fingers) tell ya what, if you or your palls want it I'll make you a super deal on it and a pile of film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Cheers ralnphot, I'll send you a PM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Yashicamat 124 is my point & shoot.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is there an article of clothing with a pocket big enough to justify that camera as a point and shoot?

Yes... I class point and shoot by pocketability rather than function!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never put any camera in a pocket, the Yashicamat hangs by it's shoulder strap, as did my Leica M3 when I still shot 35mm regularly, so yes it's my point & shoot no tripod etc. For serious work I use 5x4 or 10x8 as well.

So often when out & about the yashica goes along.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The most consistent point-and-shoot I've used, in terms of end result, is probably the Rollei AFM35 [aka the Fuji Klasse S]. However, I also have a lot of affection for the Mju II (aka Stylus Epic). These days I often carry the Mju or the Rollei along with a larger camera. I find the pairing of something pocketable with fast film, and something bigger with slow film [or colour or E6] is often a perfect travel combination.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've considered the Rollei AFM35. How is it in terms of focusing lag and winder noise?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The closest P&S I have is a Koncia A2. Which I like a whole lot.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Olympus always excelled in the "pocketable" camera line. I have a wonderful Oly 35RC that goes out with me almost everywhere. The glass is outstanding, and has never dissapointed. I also have an Oly IS-3 which I love to carry (not very pocketable) because of the great zoom, and the built in flash.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin