Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,710   Online: 1055

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Think my Pentax is going to see more use than I thought.

My main issue with it was that I'd have to wear eyeglasses to use the camera. A few days ago, I was at Kenmore Camera here in the Seattle area, and, out of curiousity, while searching for a Pentax -4 diopter in their bins, I tried a Nikon DK-5 eyepiece cover from an FG on the SV. Fit perfectly. So, the search began for a Nikon DK-10. Couldn't find one, but they mentioned that they had some Nikon DK-22's for the D60, etc. Got one for $4.93, including tax. Brought it home, and tried fitting it. Since the plastic is thicker, it didn't fit without a little bit of modification. But, after trimming the plastic tabs down enough, it slides on without problems.

Tried the diopter and eyecup from my Nikon F on it. Focusing screen is tack sharp. I finally can focus the camera without needing my glasses. I do have to get out the Dremel and grind the bottom of the adapter down a little, so the film door will open and close without rubbing, but that's no big deal. I may have to get a flash bracket to use my Vivitar 285HV with the SV, but, I'll just wait for a decent Stroboframe QuickFlip 350 to come along at the local shops.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 50/1.4 AI, 80-200/4.5 AI, 85/1.8 K, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I made an eyepiece a while back using an eye cup for a Pentax and replacing the glass with a lens from reading glasses. This is for an M-series Pentax, ME Super. Not sure if the eye cup piece would fit an odler Pentax-
    http://pentaxworld.com/forum/gadgets...7691/#msg37691

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin