Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,883   Online: 1149

Thread: Bellow repair?

Shooter
    35mm

Bellow repair?

My 13.5cm Nippon Kogaku "F" Bellows has sprung a few leaks. Has anyone repaired bellows before. If so how? Does anyone make the bellow material for replacement.Currently I'm still using it. I'm just throwing a piece of black velvet material around it. But this isn't a pemanent solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Have you asked the Nikon people about this? That would be my first suggestion for a genuine replacement part.

The large format people encounter this frequently. The best company around is Custom Bellows in England. http://www.custombellows.co.uk/ They were the original equipment manufacturer for a surprisingly large number of the cameras made using this system. They seem to have on file the patterns and drawings for just about any bellows system you can imagine.

There are some others also, but Custom Bellows is the first other source that I can suggest. If this is not satisfactory, please ask again, and I will come up with a couple more that might work.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazoid1965 View Post
    My 13.5cm Nippon Kogaku "F" Bellows has sprung a few leaks. Has anyone repaired bellows before. If so how?
    Tape over the corners with black textile tape. Isn't great for looks but works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    try diycamera kit. If nothing else he can most likely provide Pattern & material.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    You could try fabric paint or gaffer tape, I have used both for small leaks, but if the leaks are dad I would agree with trying Bellows,They have provided bellows for me for some of my cameras that were to far gone for a repair,and they always seem to have a pattern, it seems as if they are the major bellows suppliers to the photographic industry, they are not cheap but their bellows will last a lifetime,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format

bellows repair

Whatever you do, don't paint over it with vinyl paint as I did. My Linhof bag bellows was getting very ratty and I thought I'd extend the life of it by coating it with black vinyl paint. By the time it dried the bellows became a stiff and inflexible structure! Not a good idea. Not to hijack this thread but if anyone can recommend a remedy I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin