Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,618   Online: 1022

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neg Storage

Shooter
    35mm

Neg Storage

What do you use for neg storage ?

I purchased some Kenro clear neg storage pages, but I dont like them its very hard to get the negs into them and they attract loads of dust, what are are the alternatives ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hate all those dust-attracting plastics too. I'm a big fan of glassine negative sleeves. No static there!

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    I hate all those dust-attracting plastics too. I'm a big fan of glassine negative sleeves. No static there!

Duncan
    are those the opaque ones ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kenro also makes paper storage sleeves (if you want to keep buying the same brand).
    Not as easy to see through (even though it is ok if you just need to locate a neg), but it does not generate the amount of static that the plastic sleeves do.
    They are also cheaper.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use the Kenro paper sleeves and have done for over ten years. No problems with them at all (oh, except that they can sometimes tear if you're very rough with them).
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the polyester fold-lock sleeves from Archival Methods. They also make them in polypropylene - same archival quality as polyester but less clear to see through. I like these things simply because inserting or removing the negatives doesn't involve any sliding action, which minimizes the risk of scratching.

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFatPooh View Post
    are those the opaque ones ?
    Well they're kind of milky-white translucent. You certainly won't be contact printing through them though! If you've bought sheets of stamps from the post office before and they gave them to you in an envelope, I believe that's the same stuff. Kinda like wax paper but without so much wax.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I like the polyester fold-lock sleeves from Archival Methods. They also make them in polypropylene - same archival quality as polyester but less clear to see through. I like these things simply because inserting or removing the negatives doesn't involve any sliding action, which minimizes the risk of scratching.
    Ditto

Shooter
    35mm
    I found the Kenro sheets very tight as well when I last tried some many years ago, but I now use PrintFile archival sheets. They are clear and very easy to insert negatives into. Personally, I use the ones which accommodate strips of 6 images but I think they're also available to slot in strips of 4.
    Carl.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought a few packets of the Kenro clear sheets and find them difficult to load. I now insert a scale rule into the slot and slide it back and forth prior to inserting my 35mm neg and find it easier to load. But I would still prefer an easier loading neg sheet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin