Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,953   Online: 1057

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Get a 50/1.4 and use your feet.
    My two cents: This was the best advice in this thread.

One thing I don't understand is this quibbling over ounces. My RB67 kit with Manfrotto on my backpack is about 40 pounds. Yeah, I have the whole kit with me when I shoot the RB. Most of the time I'm hiking too. Uphill through chaparral is fun. So is downhill on loose gravel. You do that enough and you'll forget the difference of ounces.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    My two cents: This was the best advice in this thread.

One thing I don't understand is this quibbling over ounces. My RB67 kit with Manfrotto on my backpack is about 40 pounds. Yeah, I have the whole kit with me when I shoot the RB. Most of the time I'm hiking too. Uphill through chaparral is fun. So is downhill on loose gravel. You do that enough and you'll forget the difference of ounces.
    40 pounds...? OMG....

Canon has a lens for you...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]

In the meanwhile I figured out a few things. I will sell the 2.8/70-200 and 400mm Novoflex lenses and get a 2/135 and 4/300, I already have a 1.4x Extender. That will save a lot of weight.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    If you don't like the way Canon has employed tiny little buttons to alter custom functions, then how, as an engineer, would you get around this?
    I don't mind the fiddly CF button under the flap for rare setup things but for mirror lock-up there is a very simple way to do it: just add it as another mode in the single/continuous/timer selector. Job done.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by film_man View Post
    I don't mind the fiddly CF button under the flap for rare setup things but for mirror lock-up there is a very simple way to do it: just add it as another mode in the single/continuous/timer selector. Job done.
    Can you show me how to do this with an EOS 1v?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think he is referring to how the mirror lock-up Cf engagement could be improved by redesign (I thought of making it a combination of the three buttons (1N), similar to the short-cut of AEB bracketing (pressing all three buttons simultaenously is a Cf variation to engage AEB).. The EOS 1N and 1V share very similar engagements for mirror lock-up (I frequently use 2sec S/T + mirror lock up).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Can you show me how to do this with an EOS 1v?
    Read my post and you will see I was replying to Poisson Du Jour's question on how it can be improved.

One of the things I loved when I had a Nikon D2H was that the drive mode dial was just like that: Single shot, Low Speed, High Speed, Timer, MLU. Just one twist of the button and job done. Now that I'm back to a EOS 3 I have to fiddle with the CF functions.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by film_man View Post
    Read my post and you will see I was replying to Poisson Du Jour's question on how it can be improved.

One of the things I loved when I had a Nikon D2H was that the drive mode dial was just like that: Single shot, Low Speed, High Speed, Timer, MLU. Just one twist of the button and job done. Now that I'm back to a EOS 3 I have to fiddle with the CF functions.
    Yes, sorry, I misunderstood that. The bad story is that Canon learned this lesson. The feature you describe is used in their better DSLRs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin