Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,753   Posts: 1,515,919   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    And if you ask the average digital user, they'll say that they don't miss film.
    That's because a vast majority of them never truly 'KNEW' film to begin with.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon, but I geuss that could change in the future when people decide to go back to film. Medium format and large format could see new models coming out.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why the need for "new ones"!?
    What's wrong with the ones we have??
    Why should it be necessary to release new SLRs to attract people to film photography?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Why the need for "new ones"!?
    What's wrong with the ones we have??
    Why should it be necessary to release new SLRs to attract people to film photography?
    I agree.

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well said. It would give the warm and fuzzies to one to see new film gear being produced on a grand scale. However, it is rather far-fetched that it will happen. You know, progress and all.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap507b View Post
    Vivitar released one around a year ago (OK, I agree that Vivitar isn't one of the big makers, that their reputation has gone down a long way since their Series 1 days & have to say that the last Vivitar lens that I had, a 500mm mirror, was awful beyond belief)

Here is a link to a review: http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/05/18...nual-film-slr/
    FWIW, the timing claims on this are a bit off -- although it could be that Vivitar waited a while before introducing it in some markets. I bought a used Vivitar V3800N in 2005. It was in excellent condition when I bought it, and I don't know how old it was -- it could be the original purchaser just kept it for a month and then put it up on eBay. I didn't get most of the extras mentioned in the review -- just the camera, 50mm lens, and strap. I'm satisfied with the camera -- but I own several others with varying feature sets, so if I want a motor drive or auto exposure or a bigger format I've got other options.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, the Vivitar V3800N has been around for the better part of a decade. Caught that but forgot to point it out.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why do you believe film will die if new equipment is not released? There's so much used equipment out there. I'm sure in 50 years if all of it suddenly breaks we might see new stuff though.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Why do you believe film will die if new equipment is not released? There's so much used equipment out there. I'm sure in 50 years if all of it suddenly breaks we might see new stuff though.
    Already the still digital camera are beginning to be eclipsed by digital video cameras. Both Canon and Nikon have several dual purpose cameras that shoot both. The digital cameras of recent past will be cast aside for the latest digital video cameras.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And they won't have the following that press cameras have 70 years later either.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin