Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,112   Online: 958

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have G.A.S; and happily so. I'm eyeing a Bessamatic.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I agree that if anyone did it it would be Cosina, but I don't think you'll see anymore for a time, if ever. The world economy is wounded and many potential buyers have been taken off the list from the upheaval of various economies. It would take a big resurgence in analog photography in a country such as Japan before you might see another reasonably spec'd one hit the market, and then how could you really supersede what has been brought to market already. The glory days of one oneupmanship is over for analog cameras but still yet to be decided for digital. I believe it would take a film camera with a digital preview to cause enough excitement to garner any attention for sales; Perhaps a well spec'd film P&S for $150 might prove more profitable. Actually tho, our biggest concern is the continuing disappearance of film varieties from the shelves.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OH dear, I have enough problems with DSLR's with it, but a film camera with live view......... That would be scary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ContaxRTSFundus View Post
    While I too am happy with all my old Contax and Yashica cameras - I bought dozens of dodgy RTS/RTSII/139/137md/137MA bodies to ensure a copious supply of spares for my better bodies -
    So you're the one. Will you PLEASE stop bidding against me.

Quote Originally Posted by ContaxRTSFundus View Post
    I was so pleased to buy a brand new camera with a C/Y mount here in the UK, marketed under the Braun brand. It's nice to see a very basic, mechanical SLR still being made and I have got some odd looks when shooting with my little Braun (it's basically the FX-3 Super) attached to a Zeiss 55 1.2 Planar.

Can you give us a model number. I would love to have one of these.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Still haven't found the answer to the question: why do we need new SLRs when the fundamental design of 35mm film as a tiny canister with celluloid in it has remained unchanged for eons? Leaving the current nauseating crap of digital far aside (that place is a sickness all of its own), as I see it, all a camera is is a light-tight box to hold the film and do a host of auto or semi-automatic observations that really should be done by the photographer wising up to his craft. In a nutshell, I couldn't give a two hoots if another new camera is never released with a huge glut of beauties just waiting to be snapped up. I'm very happy with my 1994 vintage workhorses and picking up occasional gems from years ago.
    Well, no one NEEDs a new slr, but there are some useful features that never made it into film cameras. One example would be automatic reciprocity failure compensation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stregone View Post
    Well, no one NEEDs a new slr, but there are some useful features that never made it into film cameras. One example would be automatic reciprocity failure compensation.
    What about automatic composition improvement just before the shutter is fired?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe a warning light (and/or a polite buzzer) to advise the photographer when bending over for low scenes is likely to cause back pain.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This looks like an FX-3 as well

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...-nikon-f-mount

update - comes from here

http://www.phenixoptics.com.cn/cn/product.aspx?gp=210

35mm available new!!
    Last edited by mr rusty; 05-26-2010 at 07:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post

Would you dare to compare these qualitywise to the last low to midpriced Nikon/Canon 135 SLR's which came out in the early 2000's?

rhmimac

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I hesitate to say "never," but I think "for the time being" is likely.

I didn't think that I'd ever see vinyl back in production, but there they were: New pressings of 12-inch 33 1/3 rpm albums for sale at Barnes & Noble.
    Actually in the underground music realm (electronic music, hip hop, etc.) vinyl has been continually pressed for quite a while now. It didn't just come back (albeit to pop music maybe).
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin