Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,307   Posts: 1,681,711   Online: 1004
      
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
Results 71 to 79 of 79
  1. #71
    rhmimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Antwerp, BE
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    249
    Images
    26
    Are Nikon/Canon full of fear to be labelled "old fashioned" when they would introduce a new (chinese made) F20,F30,F40,F50 SLR line?

    And therefor are reluctant to serve the now niche 135 film user market?

    Would it hurt their "high tech image" they are holding up at all stakes?

    rhmimac
    Give me some more E6 film…

    please...

  2. #72
    clayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,837
    Images
    57

    no new 135 SLR cameras, ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhmimac
    Are Nikon/Canon full of fear to be labelled "old fashioned" when they would introduce a new (chinese made) F20,F30,F40,F50 SLR line?

    And therefor are reluctant to serve the now niche 135 film user market?

    Would it hurt their "high tech image" they are holding up at all stakes?

    rhmimac
    Or a better question: who would want to buy it? What makes classic Nikons and Canons so great is that they are reliable machines and not cheap Chinese crap. I think that's a better reason for not embracing that avenue.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

    http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

  3. #73
    rhmimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Antwerp, BE
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    249
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Or a better question: who would want to buy it? What makes classic Nikons and Canons so great is that they are reliable machines and not cheap Chinese crap. I think that's a better reason for not embracing that avenue.
    You're right, I agree completely on the "classics" being build like tanks, but when I consider my 1992 F601 also "classic" (it has AF, yes), am I not allowed to call the plastic F65 "made in malaysia" also a classic anymore?
    I wonder were the "classic" line is drawn nowadays.

    I would embrace any new made midpriced film SLR from them now, made in China, like all cameras now, except for the high end pro stuff and Leica of course.

    rhmimac
    Give me some more E6 film…

    please...

  4. #74
    MartinCrabtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back in the hills
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,015
    Images
    8
    I'd rather be condemned to buying old cameras than new Chinese stuff. I'm kinda tired of junk being shoved down my throat. Give me quality or keep the junk.

  5. #75
    clayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,837
    Images
    57

    no new 135 SLR cameras, ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree
    I'd rather be condemned to buying old cameras than new Chinese stuff. I'm kinda tired of junk being shoved down my throat. Give me quality or keep the junk.
    Yep, tired of disposable landfill filling junk myself too. I'd rather not embrace low quality attempts or contribute to even more plastic timebombs.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

    http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    580
    Recently I got 4 Contaflexes, 1 Icarex CBS, several Voightlanders, including a Bessamatic. My 'classics': Nikon F, Nikon F2, Nikon F3HP, Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax MX, Olympus Stylus Epic, Rollei 35, Contax TVS II, Minolta XD-11, etc

  7. #77
    Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Williamston, NC USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    311
    I really enjoy the great autofocus and exposure systems on my N80 and N75 so a N85 or N80s would be nice. I think a nice new midrange film camera would be nice. We have high end F6 and low end FM10 but nothing for the midrange market.

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    580
    Sure we have: Nikon F4 or Nikon F-100

  9. #79

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Floriduh
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,286
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I really enjoy the great autofocus and exposure systems on my N80 and N75 so a N85 or N80s would be nice. I think a nice new midrange film camera would be nice. We have high end F6 and low end FM10 but nothing for the midrange market.
    I agree on the N80 exposure system. It's really top level for the price point.

    Here's a different view on the subject. Why not forget new bodies and re-manufacture the old lenses with some tweaks. The market for good legacy lenses is going up in price as the 4/3rd's people are buying them up. Then your going to have the Sony E mount come out and supposedly you'll be able to mount some legacy lenses. Then wait till the end of the year and Sony will come out with their interchangeable lens consumer video camera. And this list will go on, so I'm not worried about the bodies as much as the lenses at decent price levels. Already my cheap 135mm Super Takumar F2.5 is worth twice what I paid for it compared to KEH prices.
    W.A. Crider

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin