Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,119   Online: 910

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Rollei 35 Can I load unload at light

I found at Turkish Web Site a seller of Rollei 35 with Sonnar 40.
    I know it is an excellent camera , no problem with that.
    But seller told me at phone , I need to unload the camera at darkroom ????
    Is it true , Cant I load a 35 mm film normally and rewind and get the film to my hand when the lights ON ?
    Or is something wrong with the camera seller dont want to tell me ?
    I did not handle this camera , how will I check it ?

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure you can. The seller might be mistaken. The procedure for rewinding the Rollie 35 is unlike most other cameras. The rewind crank is on the bottom of the camera, and the rewind release lever is next to the viewfinder. Flip the rewind release lever up, fold out the bottom mounted crank, and rewind the film. If that doesn't work, then you can safely assume that there is something wrong with the camera. There is another lever on the bottom next to the hot shoe that releases the back. Flip that lever out from its resting position and slide the back off the camera.

There are several versions of the Rollie 35. The procedures I've mentioned work for the one I have and several other versions. Check this site for instruction manuals. This guy is the best.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Frank , Manual was great. Again , thank you for your help.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It's a great little camera, excellent lens. I made some of the best pictures of my wife with a silver anniversary Rollei 35 when we were on vacation in...Istanbul in 1988. What a great city.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa,

There is one other thing you can check to make wure the rewind release is working properly. Because the takeup spool is always free to move in either direction, you need to check the sprocket wheel. With the release lever in the locked position it moves only in 1 direction. With the back off, flip the pressure plate up and out of the way. Flip the release lever to the rewind position. The sprocket wheel should move freely in both directions.
    Frank Schifano

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin