Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,638   Posts: 1,623,169   Online: 1033

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In 35mm the 24,35,60 macro, and the 85 have done the bulk of my shooting. I have a few others(shorter and longer) but those four always went with me.

In MF, I have a 65 and a 180 (35 and 105 equivilent). My next lens would be the 40 (24 equivilent).

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    I like my 40 1.8 Hexanon on a Konica T4 or FT1. It is compact and razor sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuckle View Post
    I like my 40 1.8 Hexanon on a Konica T4 or FT1. It is compact and razor sharp.
    I totally agree! The images from the 40mm have a snap to them that is not present in the other Konica normals. I have not been impressed with the 57mm f1.4 (I have several) I think the 40mm is a spoiler lens - by far the best in the normals of Konica.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have never owned the 57 1.4 Hexanon but have several others. The 50mm 1.7 is another favorite. I am awaiting delivery of a 55mm 3.5 macro that is supose to be sharp. Has anyone used one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It seems it would depend on what you are doing. I earned a living doing photojournalism/documentary with only a 28 and an 85. Didn't even own a 50 for years.
    Now-a-days, I generally mount a 24 or a 20 for my "walking around" lens.
    Just the way I see the world I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuckle View Post
    I have never owned the 57 1.4 Hexanon but have several others. The 50mm 1.7 is another favorite. I am awaiting delivery of a 55mm 3.5 macro that is supose to be sharp. Has anyone used one?
    Yes, the macro is very sharp. I've shot a few test rolls with it and then never used it again. I just dug it out last week after shooting my 90mm Tamron macro to give it a try.

The 40mm is by far the best in Konica normals IMHO.

My Minolta 50mm AF f1.7 is very, nice. My current favorite.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dude, Go for the 24mm.
    I should have done that years ago, I wasted time and money with the 28, and 35.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With so many different manufacturers' systems from which to choose, it's impossible to be dogmatic. But I have to say with my Contax Zeiss gear, it was always a tussle between the 50 1.4 or 55 1.2 as the standard, and then either the 35 1.4 or the 28 f2 for wide-angle. If I would be shooting in low light or need very high shutter speeds, it was often the Planar 55 1.2 and the Distagon 35 1.4 BUT if you wanted pin-sharp edge-to-edge and a close focus capability (don't you just love those floating elements!) the Zeiss 28 f2 'Hollywood' lens could not be beaten - until the 21mm appeared and I've never shot with anything as sharp since. And when speed is not an issue, Yashica provides a stunning alternative in their legendary 24 2.8ML and 55 2.8 Macro ML lenses and will cost less than 1/6th the cost of the 21mm. The only problem with these 2 lenses is that over the last 6 months, canny Canon EOS users have started pushing their prices up...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin