Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,632   Online: 1116

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Steinheil 35mm f/2.8 Macro-Quinaron in Exacta (???) mount

Hello,

I just remembered that my first Linhof kit (Super Tech III 90/150/240 kit) came with this lens. Looks to be a well-made macro lens capable of 2:1 magnification without using extension tubes. It is a double extension lens, with one collar going up to 1:1, and the other taking it up to 2:1. The exposure compensation factors are handily marked on the lens barrel, and the distance scale goes down to 7 inches on the feet scale, and 0.17 meters on the meters scale. The lens includes a screw-in Series 8 filter holder/lens hood. The lens is in extremely good condition.

As I said, it just sort of came along with the Linhof, and I don't know much about it. Seems like a fun lens. Now I guess I need to get an Exacta too.....oy vey! Another camera?

Anyone know anything about this lens, its quality, its value, etc?

Thanks in advance.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steinheils are supposed to be very good (I had a couple at some point - they were!). Also very well built.
    Your lens should be pretty sought-after.

Exaktas can be good fun: just watch out for pinholes in the shutter curtains.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin