Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,035   Online: 876

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Hey Hey .... a diver!!
    I am a bit embarassed to admit that I've never scuba'd.
    I used to love the watersports, bodyboarding, snorkling, canoeing, even the Xtreme deathsport of floating on an inflatable raft in a swimming pool while tossing back an icy rum drink with a parasol in it (You could put your eye out). I also enjoyed backpacking trips that seemed to draw the wrath of the rain gods without fail.
    It seemed prudent to invest in a camera that wouldn't have to be pitched if it got wet. Back then the nikonos was about the only choice and could be found used at a fairly reasonable price.

If you are looking to talk diving and underwater photography, ericr is your man.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I used to love the watersports, bodyboarding, snorkling, canoeing, even the Xtreme deathsport of floating on an inflatable raft in a swimming pool while tossing back an icy rum drink with a parasol in it (You could put your eye out). I also enjoyed backpacking trips that seemed to draw the wrath of the rain gods without fail.
    he he, yes love those extreme sports myself, those Caruba's can get very nasty. sorry I had just assumed about the diving, with the whole bubbles thing . . . .

er anyway, we were talking about beach setups!?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I don't particularly believe in protective filters except in crowds and in places like the beach, where sand and salt sea spray are hazards.

Other than that, I supposed I've used everything from a Yashica T4 to an 8x10" camera at the beach. I don't really see it as a special situation per se. I'm more likely to be thinking about what kinds of subjects I'm planning to photograph. For this shot I used a Canon F-1N and a 600mm/4.5 lens, but that wouldn't be a good choice for landscapes, street style candids, or family snapshots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My beach/snow/pool/spa camera is a Nikon ActionTouch, which is a 35/2.8 lensed P&S. Can be submerged to about 5m. Don't make em anymore but there's a Canon a bit similar and now a few digicams are coming out (Ricoh has one) with similar features.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin