Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,899   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A friend was telling me that the Ricoh 28mm f2.8 ltm (same lens as in the GR1,s,v) is used for industrial purposes because it meets such high standards. I'm sure the same can be said about the Contax T lenses - they are brilliant.

Excalibur2 have you tried the Nikon 35ti?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd also suggest the GR1 currently in the classifieds. I've got the later GR1s and it's great. The 28mm lens is very nice, exposure compensation, aperture priority, a 'snap' mode with no shutter lag, infinity focus lock, a manual switch to turn off the flash and a very small body:

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    A friend was telling me that the Ricoh 28mm f2.8 ltm (same lens as in the GR1,s,v) is used for industrial purposes because it meets such high standards. I'm sure the same can be said about the Contax T lenses - they are brilliant.

Excalibur2 have you tried the Nikon 35ti?
    Well I haven't bought the Nikon 35ti, but have the Yashica T5 with zeiss T* lens and am not impressed...compared to my SLR lenses. Another nice small camera is my Konica C35, and again in enlargement tests it can't equal a SLR Prime lens.
    So it would seem from members opinions, some P&S lenses are exceptional but I've haven't come across one yet, and would just add:- I'm comparing the P&S lenses with known excellent SLR lenses and not something like a domiplan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ah well. The GR1/s/v lens has made some pretty good prints for me in all conditions. While the Olympus XA, XA2 and XA4 were decent stopped down past f/8...but I wouldn't like to enlarge them past 5x7 otherwise. The negatives (all tri-x) showed less sharpness and less contrast than the GR1 and my other rangefinder lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    Ah well. The GR1/s/v lens has made some pretty good prints for me in all conditions. While the Olympus XA, XA2 and XA4 were decent stopped down past f/8...but I wouldn't like to enlarge them past 5x7 otherwise. The negatives (all tri-x) showed less sharpness and less contrast than the GR1 and my other rangefinder lenses.
    ....and it goes on with the Canonet and the Olympus trip and the.........

The Nikon L35ad is very good, you can blow up and read the inscription on original scan.
    http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...a/img344-1.jpg

and the Konica C35 is very good as well, from this crop:-
    http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...ata/yum603.jpg

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a Yashica T5 new back in the '90s but it got stolen soon afterwards. Later I read lots of comments about the T5's lens being brilliant so I dug out my old negatives and found nothing special in them. In fact, it was difficult to tell the difference between them and ones made on the Olympus Mju II. Considering how much cheaper the Oly sells for, I'd say that the hype around the T5's lens is just hype. Hesitant to talk up the GR lens too much lest I be accused of hype, I'll just say it makes nice prints at 10x8, noticeably nicer than the T5 or Mju.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You considered buying new? If so, check out the Fujifilm Klasse S or W, same camera except for the lens. You can shoot it in aperture priority with a nice aperture dial on top like the Leica X1, even has a cable release socket.

Cheers

Garry

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Olympus 35 RC has a very nice Zuiko 42mm lens and full manual control. See example at http://www.flickr.com/photos/d1v1d/4...7616363465807/
    David Smith
    London, UK
    email: dasmith.uk@gmail.com
    Flickr: D1v1d
    Twitter: D1v1d

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    I think I want an Olympus XA4. But they're a little hard to find -- and they tend to go for top dollar when they do turn up.
    Indeed they do. Mine cost me £1.00 at an outdoor sale. I was hoping to get it for £0.50!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I were rich I would by a Konica Hexar. Maybe a bit on the large side, but from what I've read and seen it's very impressive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin