Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,220   Online: 986

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    You're going to shoot three different speed films at a wedding?! Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
    What i was thinking too.....seems like way, way too much film to shoot at a wedding too. Just asking for trouble.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd use something like this: http://www.normancamera.com/LOWEPRO-...FILM-DROP.html

You could even use the same bag exposed and unexposed film by just making sure all of your exposed film is fully rewound into the canister. Alternatively you could throw the exposed film into something else. A shotgun style belt or vest will just end up looking goofy and antiquated in my opinion. Also, as others have mentioned, for color, I would consider sticking to just 400H and perhaps a few backup rolls of 800Z. However, for black and white I would make sure you have some high speed film on-hand - either TMZ or Neopan 1600 would do.

2 bodies should be a given.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    That thing is good for (as the name suggests) dropping exposed film into (though too small, i find).
    But impossible to use to carry unexposed film in - you can't get at it.

Lowe make (made?) small bags called (if i remember correctly) 'film organisers'. They are quite good, hold a quite nice amount of film. I carry my film in these thingies, clipped to my LowePro equipment bags.
    But they don't really provide a quick way to pick a film of one type when loaded with different types. They come with one divider, and i found that even with only two types of film you will have to be careful not to grab the wrong type.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    That thing is good for (as the name suggests) dropping exposed film into (though too small, i find).
    But impossible to use to carry unexposed film in - you can't get at it.

Lowe make (made?) small bags called (if i remember correctly) 'film organisers'. They are quite good, hold a quite nice amount of film. I carry my film in these thingies, clipped to my LowePro equipment bags.
    But they don't really provide a quick way to pick a film of one type when loaded with different types. They come with one divider, and i found that even with only two types of film you will have to be careful not to grab the wrong type.
    Yeah I was looking for that kind of bag but couldn't find it. Either way if one just grabs a few rolls out of the bag they'll be statistically likely to have grabbed a roll of the type they wanted. Same bag issue everyone else has when they can't 100% see the film that's in it.

Edit: one of the Lowepro lens cases would probably work just fine.
    Last edited by clayne; 06-01-2010 at 05:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope you aren't planning on using only one camera to pull this off. I used to shoot one camera for color, and another for B&W. If you are planning on three diferent films, maybe you should carry three bodies, one for each type and speed. It is way too easy to forget to reset the film speed dial for the meter in the heat of the moment, opening the door to disaster. It wouldn't hurt to have an assistant to help keep things straight.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    It is way too easy to forget to reset the film speed dial for the meter in the heat of the moment, opening the door to disaster
    Open the door with film loaded, and it will be a disaster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Then the latent image will be deleted!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Then the latent image will be deleted!
    ...or de-latent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Nyuy-nyuk-nyuk
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    If you are planning on three diferent films, maybe you should carry three bodies, one for each type and speed. It is way too easy to forget to reset the film speed dial for the meter in the heat of the moment.
    The thing to do there would be to leave the F5 in DX mode and shoot at box speed. Or use the exp. comp. setting to effectively change it, which could still cause a problem, just not so likely a disaster.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin