Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,981   Online: 1031

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is like the old days - where photographers actually had to pay attention to what they were doing.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    When I shot weddings I always had a small camera bag with me, and that's what others do.

Ian

you can say that again

+1

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try duct-taping one of these to each camera strap http://www.porters.com/film-darkroom...5mm-rolls.html.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best to stick with one film but if you must have more just use a camera bag with multiple compartments. I did weddings for many years using only Kodak Vericolor III which held great detail in white wedding dresses and cakes. Sadly it is no longer made. Good luck on your upcoming shoot.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd think about taking more film too just in case... you ALWAYS shoot more than you think you'll need IMO. Nothing worse than being left short...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three separate bodies would be my solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Ted,

Three more thoughts.

First - I used one of these Fanny Packs for years to carry my wallet, phone, ... quite handy. There were various separated pockets that could sort the film. In fact I may dig mine out for similar needs.

Second - I'd ignore the nay sayers on your film choices. I'd feel very comfortable shooting a wedding with the number of rolls and types of film you have chosen. Last wedding I shot was done with 9 rolls and two types.

Third - With regard to the "high pressure" you mentioned in the title. Relax, weddings are like track meets, there are a few short sprints that are separated by long stretches of waiting (and schmoozing). If you know what's next and where you need to be it's it's easy, just make sure you have a fresh roll loaded before something important starts.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [quote=pentaxuser;1006213]
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Maybe get a fanny pack

Whatever you do, if you are ever in the U.K. and need one of these remember to describe its use rather than use the name

pentaxuser
    Oh yeah, huh! We are indeed two peoples divided by a common language.

Walking into a shop there and saying to a woman that I need a fanny pack could get my face slapped.
    Even worse would be if she weighed 20 stone, had a moustache, and tried to take me up on my "offer".:o

A new name is definitely in order-maybe "small waist pack".

Shooter
    35mm RF
    One film, maybe!
    I used to use two identical cameras (Nikon F's) with flash units, same film and alternate cameras to insure if one failed I still got results when I did weddings commercially.
    Now that I use two Leica M7's, only one has a flash. One has K64 and one K200 of which I have small supply left. The K64 camera and flash are used with a 35mm Lux ASPH and the K200 gets a 21mm ASPH for shots from the back of the church and a 75mm or 90mm ASPH for shots at the alter.
    With today's SLR's I would think that one camera with a good zoom and dedicated flash would suffice with one film. Possibly changing to a higher ASA for available light shots.
    You must scout the church before hand preferably at the same time as the wedding to note light levels and access paths. I usually leave a bag with film etc in the loft area readily positioned. I always make contact with the server and define the rules for flash/no flash and access beforehand.
    Find the rooms where the bride prepares and where the groom prepares.
    Have a step by step plan from the arrival of the party to its departure noting when and where you will photograph. Good luck!-Dick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin