Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,107   Online: 853

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not that this answers the orignal question, but... I don't think it's been mentioned, so let me state the obvious:

Whatever you do, rewind exposed film *fully*. *Don't* leave out the film leader. Just don't.

Leaving the leader out might work when you're out and about shooting landscapes, but under pressure it will go wrong. You will put the exposed film in the wrong box, pocket, or whatever, and end up exposing it again.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like to assemble a Batman-like utility belt studded with pouches for MF backs and inserts, and add a bandolier for spare rolls of film. Might look silly at a wedding... Okay, it'd look silly at a Star Trek convention, but it'd sure bring out my inner dork.

Seriously, keep it simple. As others have said, fresh film in the right pocket, spent film in the left.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell View Post
    "...how do you fine folks carry large numbers of films around during times when you are under pressure? "

Put your unexposed film in your right hand coat pocket,
    shoot it, and put it in your left hand coat pocket.
    Too high-tech!

And what if, like me, you can't discern left from right?
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Don't leave the leaders hanging out of your exposed film.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but a photographers vest seems like goofy attire for a wedding. Granted the photographer is a hired gun but I don't beleive one has to have a vest just to grab a roll every 5-10 minutes.
    A nice black photo vest is perfectly fine for wedding photography. It isn't just film you carry in the pockets. Lenses, filters, cleaning things, even a flash or two can be pocketed. Oh, and batteries.

They really are hard to beat and you only look dorky if you aren't carrying a camera.

One piece of advice which I will pass on. Make sure that any critical must have shot is done with two cameras. These days I shoot almost entirely hybrid so for me one of the shots is taken with the digital camera and the other with the film camera. But when I shoot only film, I make sure that the money shots are backed up on a second camera and roll of film.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Too high-tech!

Yeah, I know. No system is perfect.

Then you need to do the bandolier/vest/utility belt route
    and risk looking like a Royal Marine Morris Dancer.

Don't forget the Camo knickers and swim fins.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wouldn't know what's available in the UK but here in the states the shooting departments of our sporting goods stores stock cheap canvas belts with elastic loops intended for 12 gauge shotgun shells. The loops easily accommodate the plastic 35mm film canisters.

The same stores also stock accessories for the trap and skeet crowd that include some nice belt carried pouches - sort of like a fanny pack - but with a stiff opening that helps the shooter get out live rounds and drop spent ones with out looking or fumbling to open a flopping cloth pouch.

There's really a great deal of commonly useful gadgetry between the firearms shooting world and the photo shooting world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe the Rollypoly line of hip pouches? I have a number of Maxpedition products and they are all military grade, very very tough stuff.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...Pockets-c7.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've shot the wedding! I am quite happy with the results if anyone is interested, full write up and critique request here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum292/...ml#post1018083

I used the Pro 800Z, 400H and Acros 100 in the end.
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin