Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,627   Online: 722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It appears there's a Nikon for sale in our classifieds for cheap, never hurts to have a backup.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking at your lens list...might not hurt to have a moderate wide angle, too.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's a wedding I'd say a wide angle is pretty much mandatory.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Get an F100 as a back-up or main rig. I actually find the F100 to be the better rig for weddings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second the buying a backup camera. With two- you not only have a back up, you now have 72 frames before a reload, and/or you can have two different stocks loaded at one time. One black and white, one color....or whatever.

As for the batman utility camera belt idea- I've made one of those for my Bronica, yes you look a little strange (I ceartainly feel strange when I wear it) but it is nice to have.

And I dont know if they are still available now, but I remember seeing ads for formal dress vests that were made for wedding photographers. They were photo vests designed to go with your tux.

Try this site http://www.buy.com/prod/ador-tuxedo-...211118720.html
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul VanAudenhove View Post
    I'll second the idea of trying to get an F100 as a second body. When I did a wedding in similiar circumstances, I used an F5 for all the colour work, and an F2 for all the black & white. It was an outdoor wedding so I was able to switch cameras at will, and swap lenses between cameras. (I think I would have gotten confused if I used two identical bodies)
    Whatever works for each photographer but when I used to shoot motorsports I always carried two Canon T90s. The idea was when the main body broke (never happened) I could switch to the backup without any hesitation or thought. After many events without any problems I ended up usually loading different films (or the same with different lens choices) in each and designating the different film type with colored tape.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an N80 which will do just fine for photographing. As long as you have the glass.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Second that idea of an F90. They're downright cheap on the used market and a darned fine camera too. Probably cost you less than the rental of an F5 for the day and you'll have it always as a backup.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    The 20mm should be wide enough for wedding work. I love burning Neopan 400CN for wedding work. I rate it @ 250 for that type of shooting. Great results.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would imagine that the 20mm is wide enough. I'm thinking a moderate wide angle could come in handy. Something to fill the gap, like say a 28.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin