Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,656   Online: 1005

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The only one I've had any hands-on experience with to say one way or another is the Pentax ME Super. Aside from the body itself being very small the viewfinder is the largest and brightest I have personally ever used and it was extremely easy to focus.
    =V=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am surprised about the comment about Konicas being hard to focus. I don't find that to be the case.

I recently bought a Rollei SL35ME and it has a unique split image, the center of it appears to magnify if it is out of focus. It's the only time I've seen a focusing screen like this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanline View Post
    I am surprised about the comment about Konicas being hard to focus. I don't find that to be the case.

I recently bought a Rollei SL35ME and it has a unique split image, the center of it appears to magnify if it is out of focus. It's the only time I've seen a focusing screen like this.
    I've heard that it's more a factor of age - Konica gems like the T3 are pretty old, and 1960's technology was more limited. I have a T3 and love it, personally, but I don't get as many great-focus shots as I'd like.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    as for the recommendation for the Canon New F-1, the same laser-matte focusing screen was used in the AE-1 Program. It's significantly brighter than my older Canon EF and cheaper than an F-1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, now if you could mount this beauty on an SLR instead of a rangefinder...:

Canon 7 with F0.95(!) lens:

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    One factor that I've found important is to get a camera with an adjustable eyepiece diopter.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 06-04-2010 at 10:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Is there a camera that is considered the easiest to focus among manual-focus SLRs?
    Well the easiest is a rangefinder but...

I like my fm2n with 50/1.2, now that is super bright and easy. I also like my om1 with 50/1.4.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let me chime in and say the Olympus OM series is also big and bright to the eye.

I have not used a F3HP, but my F4s has a slightly smaller image due to the extra stuff it displays. It does have adjustable diopter though, which isn't important for me. The pentax 67 SLR is pretty big and bright too, but it's not a 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    One factor that I've found important is to get a camera with an adjustable eyepiece diopter.

Jon
    Ain't that the truth! Nikon kept on making cameras with interchangeable eyepieces long after other manufacturer's were installing adjustable ones. My N90s needs a diopter correction. The F100 is adjustable.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to use a few of the Canon F1-n as well, the laser-matte screens were bitingly crisp especially compared to the bit of blamange they called a screen in the EOS1 line-up.
    I do remember there being different versions of some screens, optimised for either wide angles or telephotos - this caused great "hilarity" when lending a camera to someone else or swopping from the 400 to 24 on the same body and forgetting why yhe 24 wouldn't look sharp in the viewfinder!

F3s always looked good when I borrowed them.

Any interchangeable scrren can be bettered by using a replacement Beattie screen - the bees kness!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin