Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,249   Online: 754

Thread: Junk box lens

Shooter
    35mm

Junk box lens

I bought a box of junk on e**y that arrived today. Minolta SRT-202 in pretty good shape (needs seals and CLA) with an 50/1.7MD in really good shape (better than the one I had), a Petri FT with a 50/1.7 breach lock (shutter won't fire and other problems) and a few other odds and ends, well worth the $10 plus shipping I paid for it. Also included is a near mint Focal 80-200/3.5 two-touch about which I know nothing (other than that it was sold at K-Mart.) Any idea who made it? Constant aperture, seems solidly built and a pretty fair macro range. 67mm filter size, serial # is 787998 if that helps, but other than that it says "Focal MC Auto Zoom. There's also a sticker near the aperture ring next to the "Lens made in Japan" that says "20-06-66(B)". I plan to test it and see if it's a keeper. It doesn't really look like either of the Vivitar series 1 70-210s that I have (Kiron and ???) but somebody made it.

Ulysses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old Quantaray lens with identical specs and always wondered who made it. Was sold through Ritz Camera. Not the sharpest zoom I have but has taken many good photos. Maybe a re-badged Chinon?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin