Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,858   Online: 802

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe on the end he will start to use film, just for fun, and then sell D300

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Best Outcome !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe contact him and see if he has buyer's remorse?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I always found Nikon mounted lenses confusing. There seems to be so many rules about which Nikon lens can mount on which camera and retain this functionality it's hard to keep them straight. Nikon should have dropped there manual focus mounts when they went to Autofocus like Canon did. Keep things simple.
    Not really any advantage.

Canon's simple: MF works on MF cameras, AF works on AF cameras.

Nikon's simple: MF works on MF cameras, AF works on AF cameras.
    And as an extra, there is extensive, though not complete, compatibility between MF and AF if you want to mix them.
    If it's confusing, stick with AF lenses, as is necessary with Canon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Maybe contact him and see if he has buyer's remorse?
    haha... he answered an ad of mine, looking to buy cameras today. He want's $50 more now So he is just a profiteer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post

i was thinking the same thing
    and i am looking for a first time poster

and his backstory is : "i bought this beautiful camera the other week from this guy ..
    to be honest i just got it for the lens for my d300 ... the guy told
    me it wasn't going to work but i bought it anyways .. the lens didn't work right
    so i said what the heck and bought some film loaded it
    can someone help me process the film, it used to be easy with the display,
    and the anticipation is killing me to see how the images look.
    i haven't used the 300 in a week."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found myself in a similar situation last night, when I sold off my Yashica Mat EM TLR. I have 2 other TLR's so that one had to go, I never really bonded with it anyway.

So, I put up an ad in a local photography forum and then a guy answered my ad, saying he's interested in buying it and that the price I asked for it was ok. I met him last night at a diner. He's young! Only 23 and he brought along a table-full of his friends, all of the same age. They had lots of DSLR's on the table, among them a full frame model of the digital variety, haha. I handed him the TLR and they inspected it, full of oooohs and aaahhs. I was feeling ever more curious and unable to help myself, I asked the guy who contacted me..."Do you shoot film?".."Are you going to use this TLR?". He said no. In fact, he's buying my camera for his 19 year old friend, who was unable to come & view the camera as he lived quite a distance away. Apparently, this 19 year old friend of his collects 'old cameras' like mine, and he has 3 other TLR's as a collection. He also has the latest Nikon DSLR, a D3s, with which he mainly shoots with. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

While showing those kids how the TLR works, and testing the shutter speeds & aperture, I felt useless. These kids they're never gonna appreciate and use the camera. They're never gonna understand how it works. They said film was 'too expensive'. I tried to talk them the other way around but I could see it was a lost cause, as they kept snapping away at my TLR with their latest DSLRs.

Soon after that, I made excuses, took the money and left. I felt remorse, tons of it. In fact, there was a time back then when I wanted to take my TLR back and say "Hey, know what, the deal's off". I wanted to sell the camera to someone who would use it, appreciate it and cherish it. Not to some spoiled brats who will merely put it up on a shelf gathering dust.

Well, at least I got a good price for it. Still, I could barely sleep last night. Sigh....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    The buyer will have to manually autofocus the lens by using the focusing ring located on the barrel of the lens. Should work fine.

Roger
    That's Friggin Funny !!!

If the image in the viewfinder is out of focus.
    You will automatically focus the lens properly.
    It doesn't get much simpler than that !

Ron

Shooter
    35mm
    I always follow the adage that when something no longer brings you joy, it's time to let it go.

Or when yer really frickin' broke...
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wolfeye: you're right! In my case it was a mixture of both, didn't really gel'd with the camera, plus the wife's birthday is coming up next month. Haha.

I only wish it could've gone to a nicer home, one where it'll be put to good use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin