Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,652   Online: 643

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't overlook the x300/x370 if you come across one. Lightweight with aperture priority auto. Basic but functional. Nice bright viewfinder. Exactly the same size as my OM1/2, but lighter.

Downsides - no mirror lock up (but I never use that anyway), no exposure compensation (except there is by adjusting asa), not the quietest shutter.

Overall a robust, budget shooter that goes for peanuts. Oh and if you get given a dead one, high possibility the fault is a 1$ capacitor that you can replace in 10 minutes.

I only have the 50mm 1.7 as a prime, but its terrific - much better than the minolta 35-70 and tokina 70-210 I also have for it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    The Minolta XE-7 / XE-1 is my favorite.

Mine too.... except I spell it favourite!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an XE-5 for sale with 50mm f1.4 lens for $60, let me know if you're interested. I'm trying to consolidate down to Nikon and Leica.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see your pointe Steve.
    I stand corrected.
    I will remember to use the correct spelling from now on.

Enjoy The Weekend !

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    35mm
    You got a hell out of a lens there. They must be fantastic for portraits/low light/even macro etc.

I shoot with SRT 101, 58mm 1.4 and 35mm 2.8, and I would reccomend this body, pretty strong, good in hand, all mechanical, but if you can found some newer SRT or X/XD model, it would be better i think in a term of durability etc, but I would say that it depends, my SRT 101 works great for this half a year.
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    I see your pointe Steve.
    I stand corrected.
    I will remember to use the correct spelling from now on.
    You should carry on spelling it your way otherwise your fellow countrymen will think you're weird.... or Canadian!

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an ugly XD-11 "beater" body you are welcome to have for shipping cost. It works fine, except the film counter sticks on occasion and never makes it past 33 or so. Send me a PM if you'd like to have it.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    You should carry on spelling it your way otherwise your fellow countrymen will think you're weird.... or Canadian!

Steve.
    or British, or Australian, or Kiwi, or from pretty much any English-speaking nation...

As far as the camera body goes - I agree with Rusty. The X300 is a real surprise - small and light, a great easy-to-use option and you can get them for almost nothing because they are plentiful and don't have a 7 in their name.

Of course the big-name guys such as the SRT-101 (and 102/303/Super), XE1/XE7, XD7/XD11 and X700 are more popular, but if you're not lucky you might have to dig deep (comparatively) to get a good one.

Whatever you do, take comfort in knowing that the lens you "accidentally" bought is worth buying a body for.

Regards,
    Gordon
    *Minolta Maxxum 7 *Minolta Dynax 600si Classic *Minolta Dynax 5 *Minolta X-300
    *Minolta 28-105 RS, Minolta 50/1.7 (AF & MD), Minolta 50/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300
    *A passion to capture God's awesome creation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin