Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,470   Online: 953

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rangefinder! A Konica Hexar RF with voigtländer lenses and your free from leica.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Olympus OM (get two OM2n cameras), and a clutch of Zuiko lenses (don't worry about Zuikos. They're the best!).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSohnly View Post
    * I love the size of the Olympus OM system body. I don't know of the quality of lenses, but I'm sure Zuiko lenses are sweet.
    They are indeed. I picked up an OM-2 a while ago for peanuts, and it's a great camera (this coming from someone who dislikes SLRs.) If you get an OM-1, make sure the meter is still working. Some broken ones out there ...
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm
    The Olympus cameras are very nice as well. I can also recommend the Pentax MX and the Minolta XD11 with the f/2.0 45mm lens (a nice little package).
    The Minolta X700 that I bought (said in my original post) actually came with the 45mm f/2.0 lens that you recommend already on it. Sweet.
    I did a quick search of the XD11. It looks to have what I would need (metered manual).
    Does the shutter sound the same as the X700? I love that sound. It's like a controlled "swish-click" and not just a "klunk-clap" like so many other slr's.

Quote Originally Posted by olleorama
    Rangefinder! A Konica Hexar RF with voigtländer lenses and your free from leica.
    Aren't most interchangeable rangefinders upwards of $500 or more? I did a quick search for this Konica Hexar RF (and a few others like the Minolta CLE and a few Bessa's) and I didn't find ANYTHING for less than $500. That's body only and that is way more than I want to spend on a camera that I'm just gonna use to play around with.

I'd TRADE like 4-5 working slr's and lenses for one. I'm sure I can find lenses for cheap or for trade.
    Toledo Camera Trader and photojournalist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might want to check out some of the Canon rangefinders.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a Nikon D700 which is my working camera, and I was in the same situation. It's a beast to take anywhere casual. I picked up a Nikon N80 super cheap and it's my favorite for walking around. Has all the control of your F100 and none of the weight. Put a 50 1.8 AF-D or 24 2.8 AF-D and some Tri-X and you've got yourself a great combo.

I also just picked up an FE and a 24 2.8 AI. It's a nice combo too, but a lot heavier than the N80 although smaller. I'm using it for slides.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Look for an older ZI, like the Zeiss Ikon Contina series rangefinders. I have two of the III's, they're light, they have photocell lightmeters with an ISO dial EV indicator. Easy to use and dirty too. I picked each of mine up through sleezebay for less than $30 USD each over the span of a couple years.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSohnly View Post

Aren't most interchangeable rangefinders upwards of $500 or more? I did a quick search for this Konica Hexar RF (and a few others like the Minolta CLE and a few Bessa's) and I didn't find ANYTHING for less than $500. That's body only and that is way more than I want to spend on a camera that I'm just gonna use to play around with.

I'd TRADE like 4-5 working slr's and lenses for one. I'm sure I can find lenses for cheap or for trade.
    I'm very sorry sir, didn't see that criteria. Although the Hexar RF is a very nice camera indeed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach
    You might want to check out some of the Canon rangefinders
    I'll look into 'em, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath
    Look for an older ZI, like the Zeiss Ikon Contina series rangefinders. I have two of the III's, they're light, they have photocell lightmeters with an ISO dial EV indicator. Easy to use and dirty too. I picked each of mine up through sleezebay for less than $30 USD each over the span of a couple years.
    No interchangeable lenses and they are ugly...no thanks.

For right now, I'll probably use the X700 and the 45 f/2 until I can trade up to some kind of decent rangefinder (with a lens).
    If anyone wants to trade me a good interchangeable lens rangefinder (with lens), I'm open for a PM.
    Toledo Camera Trader and photojournalist

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Aw, see now. I was on a roll until I had to open my big mouth about the Zeiss . . .

Hey wait a minute. Who's ugly? ;p

Naw, messin'.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin