Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,658   Online: 852

Shooter
    Multi Format

ricoh gr1v / gr1s question

Hello,

I would like to ask about using filters with GR1s and GR1v. I understand that one can only use filters with the lens hood which serves also as filter holder. Now the question is whether one can only use the filters that were specifically produced for these cameras, or it is possible to use also other filters. If yes - what is the filter thread?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the original GR1 and I tape a gel filter on the back of the lens. Works fine, but I am committed to the filter once I put film in. Not really a problem for me since I almost always use the same filter color. If you have a professional lighting house nearby, you can pick up a filter swatch book for free. They work fine as long as they aren't scratched up. I used the same filters in the gel holders on the rear of my wide angle lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    The filter thread is 30.5mm, but I don't know if there's something special about Ricoh ones or not.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks. Is the filter thread directly on the lens? Is it possible to mount the lens hood as the same time? Does the lens hood have a separate bayonet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need a special ricoh adapter from bayonet to 30.5mm filter.
    You cannot use hood together with filters, only screw in if such exists.

edit: Hood does not have detachable bayonet ring.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a GR1v and the hood, but I'm not sure where the hood currently is. I'm pretty sure you need a special filter attachment to use filters - the hood has no way to mount them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thank you al. With additional googling my current understanding is that the (I guess) bayonet of the GR1v and GR1s accepts either the lens hood or the bayonet filter - both can not be attached at the same time.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've found a couple of pictures online showing the hood and adaptor in place, it is a case of either or:

Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin