Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,160   Online: 762

Shooter
    35mm

What is a "Royal SR-45" AE-1?

Hi everyone...someone locally is selling an AE-1 that apparently has "Royal SR-45" stamped on the "inside of the lid of the case"...what does that mean? I've tried the net, but haven't been able to come up with anything, and both my AE-1 and my AE-1 Program came without cases.

Thanks,
    Tamas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tamas,

Do you mean the case that protects the camera.
    or stamped onto body, or part of the camera ?

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was probably owned by a government organization or company in Canada. A lot of organizations in Canada have the prefix "Royal" something.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ron: unfortunately I'm not sure, what was in quotation marks is what I got from the seller of the camera. I'm GUESSING it's on the inside of the leather case, but I may be wrong.

domaz: That's what I was thinking too...would like to know who, though. Does this increase or decrease the camera's value? Or does it simply have no effect on it? haha...

Thanks

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It might (and that's a big might) increase the value of the case but not the camera.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It could be the quality control person's stamp.

I'll ask some of my old colleagues at Canon for you, and get all my old FD books out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just googled a bit, and it looks to me like a "Royal SR45" (I had more luck without the hyphen) may be the brand and model of a third-party SLR case. Results of any kind were very thin on the ground, but that seems reasonable if it's a thirty-year-old product.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Isn't SR 45 a type of battery? Maybe "Royal" is a producer of batteries.
    Now what Canon takes/took SR 45 battries?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds more like SR44

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the info...I've contacted the seller and made an offer (he was asking an insane amount)...no word back since the offer Oh well...I don't really NEED a third AE-1, but it would have been neat

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin