Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,813   Online: 1179

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    A diesel generator wil perfectly run a Fuji/Kodak/AGFA minilab. A few years ago Nikon found out that half of the worlds population, havent taken their first picture yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Only a Polaroid peel apart would work in some places.

I just had a thought about the fact that some people have never taken a photo in some parts of the world. With developing not available, only a manual Polaroid like the 180 or 195 or a manual MF camera with a Polaroid back would work in those areas to give them a photo. Ofcourse some sort of light meter would be needed, but that could be done with a few guesses. The problem would be that the instant film process would have to be a lot cheaper than $1-$2.00 a shot. Or, some sort of extremely simple process to develop a medium format film with a simple way to make contact prints. The processing of film would have to be so simple and require developing in water temps from 60 to 80 degrees. This is an area where digital would never do the trick. A SX-70 type film would also work, but again the film would need to be cheaper than that $2.00 a shot stuff. Something to think about, right? RJT.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think they will buy rice before film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This idea intersects with some of Zoe Leonard's pictures in her "Analogue" portfolio:
    http://www.cielvariable.ca/archives/...-analogue.html
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    big smile on my face looking at those pictures, photographers heaven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was cool! Thank you for posting that.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    I think they will buy rice before film
    Yeah, it's funny how basic survival needs are more important than photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How cool. Any idea what cameras they're using?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin